Bulldozer's gonna be on 'da cheapz!

2048Megabytes

How accurate is SuperPi at measuring processor performance? I hope not accurate at all. Please AMD, give us at least a 30 percent jump in processing power with Zambezi processors over Deneb Quad-Core processors.

linkin

VIP Member
How accurate is SuperPi at measuring processor performance? I hope not accurate at all. Please AMD, give us at least a 30 percent jump in processing power with Zambezi processors over Deneb Quad-Core processors.

It's not accurate because it was programmed with Intel CPU's in mind, using one of their x86 compilers. It's only good for comparing architectures too, since it only stress one thread/core.

wolfeking

banned
its loose at best. Their link to that trailer works, but the info in the trailer is weak at best, non-existant if you look where they say the info is.

Okedokey

its loose at best. Their link to that trailer works, but the info in the trailer is weak at best, non-existant if you look where they say the info is.

that trailer is lame. i mean if amd think that a cliche cartoon is what enthusiasts want well pff ;). I truly hope they come out with something good because we all know that competition is king for consumers. However intel are a juggernaught of a company and their 3d transistors planned for ivy bridge look pretty interesting...but i doubt any time soon my cpu will be bottled.

jonnyp11

cosidering i looked at :15 and in the bottom left of the thing at 720p i noticed the top of a computer i think has a date on it, showing ember 19 2011 or similar, going off mem.

jonnyp11

yes it does suck, but i know it's there, uninstalled screen capper so can't do that but it is there. i'll look again now, you have to believe to see it, and i have to change my age to 15 now :), or it can change itself, birthday donations are welcome guys :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jonnyp11

removed, was just kidding and is more of a spam address anyways. didn't think i should've but idk why i did post it

Last edited:

mihir

VIP Member
Solid name - "PileDriver".
I doubt whether it is true or not.
I think they got bored,creating fake news about zambezi.

Has this been posted before?

7.jpg

Last edited:

spynoodle

Solid name - "PileDriver".
I doubt whether it is true or not.
I think they got bored,creating fake news about zambezi.
It definitely could be fake, and I also thought that "PileDriver" sounded pretty stupid, but after googling the name it seems like a Pile Driver is some weird kind of crane. Still, if it really is real, it definitely is a pretty wacked out name. :)

mihir

VIP Member
It definitely could be fake, and I also thought that "PileDriver" sounded pretty stupid, but after googling the name it seems like a Pile Driver is some weird kind of crane. Still, if it really is real, it definitely is a pretty wacked out name. :)

If the above news is true then this is what AMD did to Intel.

[YT]AwYN7RDmIAY[/YT]

A PileDriver is also Undertaker's(WWE) Finisher.

But it could be true since they have to come up with something to compete against the Ivy Bridge,but there was no mention of it in the Computex.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Well we know when they release Zambezi with a built in GPU/NB/PCIe lanes like the A8 series, its not going to fit socket AM3+. But I doubt it will be called Piledriver. LOL

Last edited:

Troncoso

VIP Member
I'm pretty sure the name pile driver was chosen because it is the name of another construction vehicle similar to a bull dozer.

mihir

VIP Member
Can someone tell me what is the final release confirmed date of the Zambezi.

I'm pretty sure the name pile driver was chosen because it is the name of another construction vehicle similar to a bull dozer.

Yeah,even the move's name is inspired from the actual construction vehicle.

BTW I do not watch WWE but play the game(Which is a really nice multiplayer game).