Buying a tablet

Punk

Staff member
Hey guys, I plan on buying a tablet but I have almost no knowledge on what to get.

My budget is around 100 euros, any suggestions?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Not a very high budget, but I found the Galaxy Tab 3 on Amazon for $120.

Punk

Staff member
Not a very high budget, but I found the Galaxy Tab 3 on Amazon for $120.

Agreed but I don't plan on spending more than 150euros on a tablet :)

The Galaxy Tab 3 looks good apart from the "phone" size. I prefer the wide tablet if you understant what I'm trying to say.

WhoX

Amazon prices

ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7, Android (with Intel Atom CPU) 7" - 130 Euros

Lenovo A7-50, Android 7" - 99 Euros

Samsung GALAXY Tab 4, Android 7" - 130 Euros

Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 7.0 Lite, Android 7" 3G - 140 Euros

TrekStor Surftab Wintron 8.0, Windows 8" - 99 Euros

TrekStor SurfTab xintron i, Android 10.1" - 117 Euros

Those, except for the ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7, are all entry level tablets. The ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7 (with the Atom CPU) is a midrange 7" tablet.

Last edited:

WhoX

I thought so, also are Windows tablet good?

Never owned one, but I have tested some. Right now, I don't see any advantage over Android. For me, Android became relevant when I could install Office 365 on it.

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member

WhoX

Ok well, I'm still undecided between these two:

HP 10 plus:
http://www.rueducommerce.fr/Ordinat...ifi-Gris-metallise.htm#moid:MO-D5EFFM54864624

Lenovo Miix 3 1030:
http://www.rueducommerce.fr/Ordinat...s-dans-la-tablette.htm#moid:MO-B2F3EM35199540

I get 50 euros back from Lenovo so it goes down to 150 euros. The plus side is that I'll have a keyboard and the downside is (well not really a downside) I have no idea if Windows tablet are good and have a good variety of apps...

The Lenovo has a much better CPU than the HP.

Intel Atom Z3735F:
  • Quad Core at 1.3 to 1.8 GHz
  • 64-bit
  • 22 nm
  • 2MB cache
  • supports DD3 memory

If you don't mind Windows 8 on a tablet, I would go with the Lenovo.

WhoX

I have no idea if Windows tablet are good and have a good variety of apps...

With Windows 8.1 on a tablet you can basically install all software titles that will install on a Windows desktop. Most desktop titles don't work well on small touch screen displays though.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
With Windows 8.1 on a tablet you can basically install all software titles that will install on a Windows desktop. Most desktop titles don't work well on small touch screen displays though.
Just make sure you buy a tablet that is not Windows RT. Looking at the one Punk mentioned, it's a full fledged Windows 8.1 install.

Punk

Staff member
Finally my tablet PC two days ago, now I see why Win 8.1 was made: touchscreens.

Othe than that, it works great! Just a little low on sound.

Fitster

I`m looking for an android tablet. Budget - max 180 euros. Is it possible to get a good one? Or maybe get some more money? Have no idea what to buy cause i never had one. I need it for work.

ruffspie

Hi, I am currently using an Asus Fonepad 7 tablet. I find it very convenient and handy to use especially when I'm away from home. However, if you still need more choices, I also search some guidelines for the best ones that would likely fit your budget. Take your time to read this. I hope, it can help answer all your inquiries.

Geoff

VIP Member
Hi, I am currently using an Asus Fonepad 7 tablet. I find it very convenient and handy to use especially when I'm away from home. However, if you still need more choices, I also search some guidelines for the best ones that would likely fit your budget. Take your time to read this. I hope, it can help answer all your inquiries.
You gave him one model to look into. You didn't include the "guidelines" that you use when searching, so how could your post answer any of his questions or concerns?

Punk

Staff member
You gave him one model to look into. You didn't include the "guidelines" that you use when searching, so how could your post answer any of his questions or concerns?

He did post an online article about what to look into when picking a tablet...

And to be honest, I find the question too vague to get an answer...

Geoff

VIP Member
He did post an online article about what to look into when picking a tablet...

And to be honest, I find the question too vague to get an answer...
The hyperlink is the same color as the text so I didn't see it.

And you know you're the op right? If the question was too vague, you probably should have worded it better.

Punk

Staff member
And you know you're the op right? If the question was too vague, you probably should have worded it better.

Are you being serious? My question was answered a month or two ago, in fact, I already bought the tablet. I'm talking about the thread bumper who asked what are the best qualities of a gadget.