Buying through HP or Bestbuy?

sabre

To be quite honest, save yourself the hassle and stay away from HP. The reason is I have seen at least 5-8 HP machines overheat within a year. Changing the heatsink and fan would be an easy fix, assuming you know how to change them. If you take it to a computer shop, sure they will change it, for a charge. Also, I have found that they have bad combinations for the machines. Very few options on their laptops. Just my $.02.

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
you may have already made you choice, however, a few words about bestbuy service plan...

Can HP's match up with Best Buys quick and reliable support? I also see that HPs extend warranty only repairs broken parts once where Best Buys seems to have no limit

BB's sevice plan only covers hardware, not software, (corrupt windows, virus, spyware, all software related things you'll have to pay for). It does however cover new batteries for your laptop at no extra charge as well as any hardware malfunction or break (unless it can be construed as abuse, in which case they won't cover that either).