Camera Fell

g4m3rof1337

My camera fell on its lens while turned on.

Now when it turns on, its blurry and wont focus.

And when I turn it off, it goes down, but now all the way, and the lens cover that covers it goes half way. And it makes some beeping noises.

Microcenter wont take it back, even for a refund of the same camera. Samsung probably wont fix it, its under warranty though.

Any ideas or how to fix ... Lol.

Thanks

PohTayToez

If it's under warranty, and doesn't look like it's actually been dropped, I'd make up some BS story on how it just stopped working and try to get Samsung to give you a replacement.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it's under warranty, and doesn't look like it's actually been dropped, I'd make up some BS story on how it just stopped working and try to get Samsung to give you a replacement.

yeah thats what i would do...especialy if its still under warrenty. ;)

Haha....I should have at least tried that when I messed up my camera. I had my truck then, me and a few friends went to an offroading trail and someone left it on the side of the bed rail. I ran over it and it was buried in mud, I turned it on and the lens wouldn't come out b/c it was so gritty with mud.

if that didnt work.... you could always go to microcenter ( or wherever u bought it), buy a new one, and then put the old one in the box and go back and return it!

PohTayToez

Well, now-a-days a lot of places make you fill forms out or get your driver's license number so they can track that... that's what Wal-Mart started doing.

g4m3rof1337

Camera was $180 and if that doesnt work I am stuck with two cameras.

I might do that with my hdd though.
I bought the same exact hdd, same brand, size, ext.
The one that doesnt work I think got fried or something, bought it off newegg around november or so in 06. And bought the other one in microcenter a few weeks ago.

Kornowski

VIP Member

Go with it!