can i make this? *program*

jimmymac

VIP Member
this is far too off topic to continue discussion, i simply think the statement that home schooling gives you a better education is false....however its not really something that should be discussed here.....I shall take my leave of this thread

Bl00dFox

My questions answered i should have stated, that if i s happen to have any more questions, i would ask them and hope for an educated answer.

Educated answer? What more could you want?

I know that you are a socially deprived nerd, since at the first sign of conflict between us, you started insulting the fact that I am Australian.

Shame on you.

Emperor_nero

I know that you are a socially deprived nerd, since at the first sign of conflict between us, you started insulting the fact that I am Australian.

Shame on you.

Considering that you have never met him I think that you really have no grounds to analyze him. And any way that has NOTHING to do with what he asked if you don't have anything to say about this thread don't post here.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
I believe home schooling is only as good as the mother or father that home schools you. I believe public or private school is only as good as your teachers or professors.

My money is on a teacher or professor with a Masters Degree or PhD (plus, if you do not like the teacher or professor you can drop the class and find a better educator..).

anyway, lets get back to the topic of this thread.

As an avid pool player I can tell you that it will be impossible to make such a program.

First, every pool table is different. Second, every pool queue is different. Third, every set of billiard balls is also different.

In addition, the variations (and not just the speed, but also the angles) of how you hit the queue ball changes everything.

Most pool games are 2D which cuts out the majority of angles you can hit the queue ball and basically rely on speed and hitting the queue ball directly in the center and the moving left or right….

You could spend an entire month mapping the projected trajectories of all the angles of just ONE shot... now imagine adding how hard you hit the queue ball into that equation... and then imagine repeating the entire process for two shots… now imagine adding how another ball will react to being hit by that queue ball.......

g4m3rof1337

Well, for the win my moms a teacher, shes been one for many years... so....

anyways.
iam up for that challenge and however long it may take to maybe not even come close to completing it.

thanks SFR
for your detailed description.

thanks

Last edited:

Bl00dFox

Well, for the win my moms a teacher, shes been one for many years... so....

anyways.
iam up for that challenge and however long it may take to maybe not even come close to completing it.

thanks SFR
for your detailed description.

thanks

<sarcasm>Good Luck!</sarcasm>

g4m3rof1337

If you have nothing nice to say, then dont say anything...

Mate
and dont call me a nerd, you know nothing about me, i know ur in aussie so...
work off what you know.

Go get kicked by a kangaroo.

Motoxrdude

Shame on you.

I think he was joking...
Even if he wasn't, just let it roll off your back, it's not the end of the world. And just remember, you can't fight fire with fire, because in the end, all you get is a bonfire and 3rd degree burns.

But as for programming, GOOD LUCK. I just programmed a tank game where you shoot another tank, and it took me two weeks. It takes a lot of concentration and tons patience. I guess it is the same concept, but you have to bounce the ball(s) off the walls and they have to interact with each other. Remember, algorithms can be your best friend, or your worst nightmare ;)

g4m3rof1337

I think he was joking...
Even if he wasn't, just let it roll off your back, it's not the end of the world. And just remember, you can't fight fire with fire, because in the end, all you get is a bonfire and 3rd degree burns.

But as for programming, GOOD LUCK. I just programmed a tank game where you shoot another tank, and it took me two weeks. It takes a lot of concentration and tons patience. I guess it is the same concept, but you have to bounce the ball(s) off the walls and they have to interact with each other. Remember, algorithms can be your best friend, or your worst nightmare ;)

Thank you moto.
I truly appreciate that.
Sorry about the huntin' thread:(
:D but we can put that behind us.
believe it or not i got alot of patience. and concentration.
So... And iam sure if i can get a prototype i can add tweaks and stuff, to make it semi-accurate.

thanks again.

Blood, my mate.
Thanks for caring so much, for putting me in ur sig, that shows a sig of a friend.

Bl00dFox

I think he was joking...
Even if he wasn't, just let it roll off your back, it's not the end of the world. And just remember, you can't fight fire with fire, because in the end, all you get is a bonfire and 3rd degree burns. ;)

That line was for me, not you.

Motoxrdude

Thank you moto.
I truly appreciate that.
Sorry about the huntin' thread:(
:D but we can put that behind us.
believe it or not i got alot of patience. and concentration.
So... And iam sure if i can get a prototype i can add tweaks and stuff, to make it semi-accurate.

thanks again.

Blood, my mate.
Thanks for caring so much, for putting me in ur sig, that shows a sig of a friend.
Yuep, definitly.

About the prototype; I have only done it on the ti-83, but i have no clue how i would do all that on a computer, lol.

Bl00dFox

You know what would be really funny? If you made the game, and it was massively successful and you became a millionaire. Then you could tease me about I made fun of you in this thread and you could show the world.

Reality: It will never happen.

g4m3rof1337

You know what would be really funny? If you made the game, and it was massively successful and you became a millionaire. Then you could tease me about I made fun of you in this thread and you could show the world.

Thats the minimum lol
Iam sure itll head towards that direction lol

Motoxrdude

Never and always are absolutes. Statisticly, it probably wont happen, but there is a possibility of it happening ;)