Can my power supply support either a 7600GT or a x1950GT?

hpi

banned
Who in there right mind would wanna run a pc with that?

Id be scared of it ****ing up my system. To run those 2 cards get a nice psu.

Recommend me a PSU then.. I don't know what type of connectors it will need, I guess the same as the one I have right now.

But I'm just wondering.. Since my PSU sucks so bad (my computer is pre-built I didn't know how bad it was) , what is the best card for it that I can get (AGP)?

Last edited:

Itanda

Um I know a friend who got X1600 Pro PCI-E to run on 350w PSU. But he only he a Pentium D and 1 harddrive.. Well a motherboards and ram too i am just saying he didn't have alot of things to ware down the 350w

Mine apparently doesn't supply enough power on the rails.. Whatever that means.

Can someone tell me what is the best GFX card that will work with my PSU, and also what is an inexpensive PSU that will work for the X1950GT

chupacabra

No, that "shit" is worst than the psu that came with my computer from hp which is a 250 watts and 18 amps >_>, and no a good psu isn't based on wattage but rather on amps and other factors

OKAY, we've established that my PSU is bad! We DON'T need to go on about it. Can my 2 questions be answered?
Can someone tell me what is the best GFX card that will work with my PSU, and also what is an inexpensive PSU that will work for the X1950GT

Geoff

VIP Member
It only has 28A on the +12V rail, which is pretty low. Im sure it can handle the 7600GT, but I doubt it could handle an x1950GT, since they are alot more demanding.

What's the cheapest that will handle the X1950GT and it will need to power a cd drive, 1 ide drive, and one sata as well as a case fan, CPU fan, etc idk the rest.