Can my PSU handle these parts?

Calin

If I use my current PSU I will save some money :)
AMD FX 8120
GTX 650 Ti
8GB DDR3
ASrock Pro3

spirit

Staff member
I would advise you don't use your current PSU with that setup. I'd get a Corsair CX 500 or a CX 600. You want good, stable power.

I would also advise that if this is for gaming you get an FX-4300 or an FX-6300 and a slightly beefier graphics card: 660 or 7850/70 or something.

PCunicorn

On a good PSU that wattage would handle the system, but its not a good PSU. Also dont get a asrock. Get a gigabyte board and CX 500.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That power supply only has 350 watts on the 12 volt rail, pretty crappy. I wouldn't recommend running it on your system.

Okedokey

As John said, the PSU will probably power the components you listed (they're low powered), but its very low quality and not recommened.

Calin

How about the i5 3470 and the Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 (I bought the 650ti alredy and it works!!!)

Darren

Staff member
Still going to recommend a new PSU. You want a higher quality one anyway as that one is liable to blow and take out your system.

Darren

Staff member
You're going to want a new PSU regardless of what you get. It may seem pointless but having your system liable to blow and take out all of your components is more expensive than dropping money on a good PSU now that will last for years and be usable in other builds should you desire.

Calin

You're going to want a new PSU regardless of what you get. It may seem pointless but having your system liable to blow and take out all of your components is more expensive than dropping money on a good PSU now that will last for years and be usable in other builds should you desire.
what if I put the old 430 back?

Calin

Okay, okay, since there are a few models with the same model number, THIS is my PSU
668823927187201937175408-3289773-300_300.jpg

652354936289101040740805-5962316-215_300.jpg

NONE of the pics are mine

Darren

Staff member
Fancy LEDs don't change the power output on a PSU. Regardless of what it looks like, you're going to want to get a new one.