Can my PSU handle these parts?

Calin

Guys, try to understand that my parents' budget is limited. I can't spend more than 180 Lei (53.77 US Dollar) on a PSU, because I'm also going to get Fifa 14 and I won't give it up that easy.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Getting the correct power supply has little to do with what processor you have, its mainly about the video card.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Buy what you want but I wouldn't go any lower than what I linked you to. Just don't come crying back to us when the psu blows up. Are there any other stores you can buy from to compare prices?

Calin

My parents agreed to buy the one that John said. However, I'll go with the second one you said IF it has this kind of Connector:
molex-8.jpg

If it doesn't do its actual Connectors work with my IDE HDD?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
All power supplies will have the 4 pin molex connectors needed for IDE hard drives. However, the issue here is that the zalman psu has 2 - 12volt rails with one dedicated to the video card. I would say you are pushing it with 20 amps on that rail. And if you end up upgrading higher than the 650ti you would need a new psu anyway. I would definately get the corsair I linked you to.

Calin

All power supplies will have the 4 pin molex connectors needed for IDE hard drives. However, the issue here is that the zalman psu has 2 - 12volt rails with one dedicated to the video card. I would say you are pushing it with 20 amps on that rail. And if you end up upgrading higher than the 650ti you would need a new psu anyway. I would definately get the corsair I linked you to.
I wont upgrade the GPU in the next years but however, I'll upgrade the CPU, so yea, I'll probably order it soon.

Last edited:

Calin

YAY The new PSU arrived!
However it was very hard to install in my small case so I took it out of the case again