Cant burn CDRWs

Praetor said:
Trying a new burner would not help in determining what the problem is with the current burner.

Yes it would. If the new one would work correctly, then you would automatically know if the problem is with your old burner. Are you sure that you do not posess corrupted media? Maxell provides CD-R media. I have a couple of them. Try also Memorex

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I am afraid I cannot help you much man...but I could say this. Whenever I tried to use High Speed CD-RWs on my Aopen CRW5224, I have failed. It should have been able to burn at 24 x and does so only on the one RW supplied by Aopen! I have tried buying Verbatim High Speed RWs (24x) and that failed bad. They would just spin crazy or the burning process would seem fine but would be unreadable. I think that there is a serious compatibilty issue with RWs. Praetor, I suggest that you try burning at 4x for example and move up in speed (Use 4x certified media to try it out..move up to 16x etc). I really wanna see if there is a solution to this. I doubt that both derives are messed up.
LOL thanks I gave up a long time ago :p Gremlins Ill call it.

Yes it would. If the new one would work correctly, then you would automatically know if the problem is with your old burner.
1. Read what I said. I said it would not let me find out WHAT the problem is.
2. I used the Pioneer106D about 6 times ... and then I stopped working. Are you suggesting that it (and all the other drives) failed? LOL

you sure that you do not posess corrupted media?
Media doesnt get "corrupted" and yes I'm sure.

Maxell provides CD-R media. I have a couple of them. Try also Memorex
1. No they dont
2. I dont have a problem with them
3. No they dont. LOL They market media. They dont make media. Companies like Ricoch and Prodisc and CMC make the media for Maxell and Memorex.
4. If you've not realized, this problem is (a) well beyond your scope, (b) Ive given up lol and (c) in order to actually understand the scope of the problem you'd have to read/understand the first post (notice how I used the word ATIP? Notice how I spec the Mode and Sector size?). I appreciate the attemps but this is aquite the impossible case. Experts in optical media will quickly realize (from the original post) that (a) Ive obviously covered the basics (2) this is one seriously messed up problem ... thanks for the zeal but its not happening

It might happen. ALL drive could fail. It's just hard to believe. You gave up heh? SMASH THEM INTO PIECES AND MAKE A REALLY GOOD SOUP WITH THEM!!!! :p

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
it might happen. All drive could fail. It's just hard to believe. You gave up heh? Smash them into pieces and make a really good soup with them!!!
grow up :d

Switch

This might be a long shot, but try burning the discs at a slower write speed. (if possible)

I see that you said Burn speed is 4X-12X

The burner and media combo might not be as compatable as what they are telling the burning programs. :)

Also, why are you still on SP1 ?

I know for a fact tht SP2 may cause issues with nero on your LG burner, not sure about the other burners.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
This might be a long shot, but try burning the discs at a slower write speed. (if possible)
Noted and dealt with. No dice.

The burner and media combo might not be as compatable as what they are telling the burning programs.
Its compatible. "Compatibility" hasnt been an issue for several dozen generations of cd media

Also, why are you still on SP1 ?
Because SP2 is gay.

I know for a fact tht SP2 may cause issues with nero on your LG burner, not sure about the other burners.
SP2 doesnt make any changes to the the only CD related OS service, the IMAPI ... i also have the IMAPI disabled so it makes no difference and enabling IMAPI doesnt change much

Praetor said:
Because SP2 is gay.

SP2 doesnt make any changes to the the only CD related OS service, the IMAPI ... i also have the IMAPI disabled so it makes no difference and enabling IMAPI doesnt change much

SP2 is gay for sure :p Wait t'il SP3 comes out!

renegade X

You prolly know this already, but has the life expectancy for the disk expired, or more commonly, is there a scratch, eventhough you say no, it my be on the outer tracks were it is barely noticeable. In my experiences, a simple scratch can lock up a computer, or it could only open from a DOS prompt.

It has to be one of the two.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Wait t'il SP3 comes out!
Yeah and SP3 is gonna make some sweeping changes to IMAPI .... which is disabled lol

What type of XP do you have? PRO, Home, Media Center, x64
Who said anything about XP? Regardless the OS isnt a factor as um ... ive tried a whole slew of them

You prolly know this already, but has the life expectancy for the disk expired
Not if its a new Mitsubishi disc :p

or more commonly, is there a scratch, eventhough you say no, it my be on the outer tracks were it is barely noticeable.
Except its the inner tracks which matter for setting the lead-in information and for reading ATIP (i.e., if the inner tracks are screwed you cant read the ATIP ... and since I can read the atip...)