can't see files. windows 10?

Punk

Staff member
You mentioned it was from your company, maybe the IT installed their software wrong hence why you have all these problems...

A fresh install seems to be the only option I see right now.

strollin

I agree with Punk, quit stalling and go ahead and re-install. You obviously have a bad install. There as millions that have upgraded their systems and don't have the issues you are seeing. Why butt your head against a stone wall?

postman

i agree with the above suggestion of a reinstall, unless this is something ruled out ... then try the fixes below.

check to see if you are working within the right account, as this will effect how files and programs are accessible to a user.
this list below can be found in the link and used to help resolve any issue with unseen files or programs:

Check to see if you’re signed in with a temporary profile
Look for the files using Search
If you still can’t find your files, you may need to restore them from a backup
Re-enable a Windows 7 Administrator account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

its also likely the 'invisible' files are all there... its just they are not recognisable. this can occur when files are not associated to the correct format or a program does not have default. to associate files go to default feature and reset the desired programs for each type.

if these are not successful... the above reinstall suggestion, is still favourite.

punk hello
yes, it would seem so.

strollin',
nice to see you again.
its starting to look that way.

postman,
hi there,

postman
"to associate files go to default feature and reset the desired programs for each type."

at first it sounded like your idea would work.
1. went to associate file type with program. wasn't able to do anything here, as only .extensions to time could be found here, but no solution to the problem.
2. went to the set default web browser, changed the setting, clicked "okay" solve problem, then rechecked by opening window again from scratch, at nothing at all in the world was changed, as it was preventing me from helping me solve this problem in any way, forcing itself with a total control of its own designation for there to be no other choice, that i had no choice but to go with what the default setting wanted, with what the corporate interests were on the seat of this problem, as there are many seats on the governing body of this problem. didn't seem that my vote of confidence even mattered, nor of a hand in solution to fix. it seems this big problem is a business related issue in goverance with a lack of my ability to vote for the right of things or of any way to do as otherwise told or described. that's seems to a reoccurring problem with this system, as of only in temporary solution to problems instead of permanently solving them, they keep reoccurring back again, so that now we have twice as many problems as when we started, as more problems have presented themself since that time. no changes were made.
3. went to set default programs. only one of my programs was shown here, but the rest were not, so i was NOT ALLOWED the choice to consent to which program that i wanted to change, nor was there an option to add more programs, or to "browse"

*couldn't find what you were talking about. may have been possible in versions below windows 10...

postman
"Re-enable a Windows 7 Administrator account"
i am the administrator. never was at any time running windows 7 on this computer. never installed any OS. the OS came on the brand new computer. it is an out of the box package, as in pre-installed. it is a factory install, as no installation was necessary because windows 10 was only loaded onto the computer.

"Look for the files using Search"
Problem #3: the search function has been disabled.
unless i agree to the "request" of Absolute Power to allow for 100% of my information to be given to the governing body of the corporation, i am not allowed to even use the search function. i am not going to give in to this "request", as it is not Constitutionally correct.

CURRENT PROBLEM #BC
is there any other way to use the search function besides using Cortona, and that Cortona won't prevent of you from finding information on your own computer by blocking third party browsers?

CURRENT PROBLEM #AD
Problem #8: the standard help function has been eliminated. only internet connection access can allow you to see a search engine, not an index of the standard OS help as all of the OS versions below windows 10 have done. very clever, i have to admit, that and preventing access to the search funtion; as this is very effective in completely preventing you from finding the solution; i'll give you 4 marks for this one.

Problem #1: can't see or access programs.
Problem #2: .pdf put on computer. can't see or access file.
Problem #4: .jpg put on computer. can't see or access file.
Problem #5: i put one .jpg on computer, in each folder location located on my drive, even in the system folders when able. but now, out of dozens of .jpg pictures that i put on my computer, NONE of them can be seen or accessed.
Problem #6: installed printer. said completed install. unable to use printer, no shortcut, and files are "invisible"
Problem #7: if i can update my printer drivers, i can fix the printer. but how can i update the printer if it doesn't allow me to run the program or see it?

postman
"its also likely the 'invisible' files are all there... its just they are not recognisable. this can occur when files are not associated to the correct format or a program does not have default."

it doesn't matter whether files on your computer use a different extension, you should still BE ABLE to see "all" the files on your own computer, unless it was an Absolute Power type of control where you have no say in the matter, but the governing body and majority vote of seats are all in corporate big business interest.

looks like i'm going to have to re-install this brand new factory install. Life on Earth was such a beautiful thing. it will be a shame to have to waste it.

postman

thanks for the reply Captain Kirk

although i had logged in just 30 minutes after your post, i have since used my time perusing through the mounting ephemera of detail, absorbing the possible connotations, scribbling endless notes and cogitating methods on how to approach problems on a truly religious and epic scale.

"Look for the files using Search"
unless i agree to the "request" of Absolute Power to allow for 100% of my information to be given to the governing body of the corporation, i am not allowed to even use the search function. i am not going to give in to this "request", as it is not Constitutionally correct.

youve probably disabled it using msconfig without knowing about the consequences. run services.msc and make sure Windows Search is enabled and started. you should see the result immediately.

is there any other way to use the search function besides using Cortona
everything sees all

Problem #8: the standard help function has been eliminated.
Windows Features - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Problem #7: if i can update my printer drivers, i can fix the printer. but how can i update the printer if it doesn't allow me to run the program or see it?

all driver updates are to be downloaded from the manufacturers site. seek the printer webpage NB. some firms are known to be slow to issue relevant printer drivers.

it doesn't matter whether files on your computer use a different extension, you should still BE ABLE to see "all" the files on your own computer, unless it was an Absolute Power type of control where you have no say in the matter, but the governing body and majority vote of seats are all in corporate big business interest.

agreed, and yet i have overlooked many files when association has been changed, as we are are familiar with icon/symbol recognition.

i now i have retreated to my own shrine asking for increased divine energies. hopefully i will be rewarded with a sign directing me to consult an entity without corporeal form. this will oracle will provide unheard knowledge. this could end with a similar conclusion as the suggestion offered earlier in this thread that the hand of Captain Kirk may bring about a total reinstall of windows 10.

"thus... in a world that will be on the receiving end of God's wrath. the world again renewed...."

postman,
Hey bro, what's up?
its really nice to see you.

i just had an epifany. if everyone in your nation and in the world had of all the virtues known to Man and did of good deed, then World War 3 will have been prevented. as you have started this process of good deed, this is a good sign for your help, as Rome fell because it expanded its territorial boundries too far, just like today, and european is part of this union, so the entire empire of Rome will to fall, including your country.

in the turn windows features on or off, what exactly am i looking for?
do you know of anything in this list that will help with this problem?
NOTE: i did not see anything that would help, unless the name has been changed or is unknown functionality.

postman
"youve probably disabled it using msconfig without knowing about the consequences."

i wanted to deliver this to you, for you to find the salvation of knowing the answer.
that's funny that you should mention that, because when you disable it, it "automatically" restarts the program, into eternity, as a soul unending to die, the program everlooping in time, again and again. ETERNAL LIFE is impossible in a world where your vote doesn't count, except on only local issues of no consequence, and where good deed and virtue is of no consequence. it reminds me of telling the governing body of parilament or thy nation not to do something and then for the corporations or governing body to do it anyways, but secretly.

postman
"run services.msc"

couldn't find an instance of this running. in what location should i look for a running instance of it, or an executable to so run it? you have earned 8 marks for this good idea, which would have worked under normal circumstances, other than the running of a problematic windows 10: run services.msc and msconfig.

postman
"make sure Windows Search is enabled and started."

what i meant, besides the meaning of life, the universe, and all of existance, was that was there a way to search for God besides looking at all of the material things of the Earth and that which we can hold in our hands? that besides using another program or Cortona, what i meant was there another way to search inside of the windows program? though i have to admit that everything is probably a better search, it does give administrative privelages to other users and so that they can see all of your files, not that Absolute Power wouldn't already be able to see 100% of your information with the windows 10 program. but i have installed everything that you see on Earth, and the program seems to work.

since "everything" here on this Earth is important, we should appreciate all of the things here and not take it for granted. could not find a way to run this file using this software program. everything that you could know in the Lord can help to save all of Mankind. you can make a difference, not in vote, but in thy FAITH of the Lord. this software program seemed to be useful. thanks postman, i will have to give you 7 marks for this one. quite commendable.

the problem is that if i
postman
"make sure Windows Search is enabled and started."
then this will mean that cortona will activate and i will have given in to the "request" for them to have Absolute Power, which is 100% of my information, all across the world, and in this nation. in the future of Man this will lead to Absolute Power and the extinction of Man. so i do not want to enable cortona, as that is my choice in FREEWILL, where Absolute Power gives you NO choice and does so without your consent or agreement. i you enable cortona then you are allowing the corporations and governing body of thy nation in crown of empire and power to collect and use information including your location and location history, contacts, voice input, search history, calendar details, contact and communication history from messages and apps, and other information from any other devices; to use your browsing history. and you have to give up all of your rights and freedoms and privelages and Constitutional Rights just for you to be able to use the "search function" on your OWN COMPUTER!!!

the eye at the top of the pyramid does see all with money, but God also sees all. so we are treading on almost equal ground. nice program.

Problem #7: should have been more clear. windows 10 has prevented me from installing my printer, but the documents stated that if i updated the drivers, then i could fix this problem. however, if my printer is not installed, then i am unable to use the program or updated drivers.

i will give you five marks for that one just because it was a really good idea. maybe there is still some way to get around the windows 10 problem...

postman
"icon/symbol recognition. "

yes, the pyramid with an eye on it and the crown will prevent of all life in the world, and the Lord can make all the difference in the world; so yes, the icon symbols do matter, i agree. gold is worth something afterall. and some ideas or people are worth their weight in gold. never thought about this before. i never looked at the material things of the earth and the status that it brought with the icons shown next to the file with an extention file type associated with it, for i did not judge a file by the color of its skin or symbol, nor what it looked like in shape in size, for all people are equal in the eyes of the Lord. and God loves all of us equally.

postman
"i now i have retreated to my own shrine asking for increased divine energies"

of these things can come to you, the Divine Blessing of God.

postman
" hopefully i will be rewarded with a sign"

with of thy many virtues and good deed, of a New Age of Man to dawn upon the Earth, and the end no longer, but in the end, not to end,
{but only to'n bee'th the beginning instead. But of ye to'st of only'n have'th if'n of thy FAITH in'st of the Lord is 100% in total and'n of 100% certainty}

otherwise, with of shame, of money and power and authority of crown, to'st of thy world, and'n of the end of this windows 10 install to take place.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Just reinstall windows 10. There are a bunch of issues when upgrading from a previous OS. Use your existing key and do a fresh install of 10. You could have had this fixed a week ago.

John,
glad to hear from you bro!

i will re-install windows 10.

even the "possibility" of fixing this problem is better than a system that will have a national financial crisis in the next five years, if the oligarchy is still left in control, as a True Democracy is a system where ALL of the politicians don't have billions of dollars. so you think this is the best solution to solve windows 10?

better to make sure that there is no more corruption to ensure a smoothly flowing system, to strengthen of your nation and system, which in turn will to strength of the entire world, and where not in the death of thy world and with of fire to rain from'st the sky, instead to Life, and'n to'st of the future of Man now to have'th.

this looks like the best solution for windows 10 at the moment.