Car sound system

Jack Bauer

banned
let's put it this way

see this fuse i've circled

30042xvkm3.jpg

That's an 80A fuse. The most you can possibly pull through an 80A fuse is just under 1200w.

I blew 0 fuses during the 8 months i used that amplifier, and it's supposedly a 2,000w amplifier.

What is all that other stuff you have hooked up there? Am I going to need all that stuff hooked up to it or not?

Dual_Corex2

banned
let's put it this way

see this fuse i've circled

30042xvkm3.jpg

That's an 80A fuse. The most you can possibly pull through an 80A fuse is just under 1200w.

I blew 0 fuses during the 8 months i used that amplifier, and it's supposedly a 2,000w amplifier.

That is incorrect. You can pull 2000, hell you could pull 50,000watts of power assuming your amp could take the voltage(for 50,000watts you would probibly need about 500volts LOL). Your never running JUST 12v to your amp, it usually goes up and down and when you have it cranked up it can range from 13-15v which with 80A is enough for 1200watts. I dont know exactly what the highest voltage is that an amp will take, but i know they take higher then 12v.

Also, it has an internal power supply which will give it more juice, so it will put out a little more then it takes in.

Dont blaim the amp if you cant hit high dBs, theres MANY other factors that play. Enclosure, the subwoofers themselves, wiring, that cap, battery, altenator, etc.

And no Jack, you wont need all that. It looks like he has a second amp for his interior speakers which is always nice to have, a cap, cross-overs, and distribution block.

Last edited:
That is incorrect. You can pull 2000, hell you could pull 50,000watts of power assuming your amp could take the voltage(for 50,000watts you would probibly need about 500volts LOL). Your never running JUST 12v to your amp, it usually goes up and down and when you have it cranked up it can range from 13-15v which with 80A is enough for 1200watts. I dont know exactly what the highest voltage is that an amp will take, but i know they take higher then 12v.

Also, it has an internal power supply which will give it more juice, so it will put out a little more then it takes in.

Obviously, you know way more than heyman421 does, care to explain what Jack Bauer will need?

heyman421

banned
A consumer vehicle runs @ 14.4-14.7 volts, not 50,000, it's a moot point

If that amp made anywhere near rated power, i would have blown at least a single fuse in the length of time i was using it, without question.

Last edited:

Dual_Corex2

banned
it's a bxi2006d. It's supposed to make 2000w, and doesn't have a fuse.

I'm just saying, if a "2000w" hifonics can't make 1200w, there's no way a 1200w hifonics does either.

You dont know for a fact what kind of wattage it was producing, so just shut it, seriously. Unless you sat there, cranked it up, hooked up some sort of meter to the wire going to the subwoofer, then you dont know. And since you never said you did, i take it you didnt.

And i dont think there is a meter that measures wattage.

And we are talking about the BXi1206D, i didnt mean the 606D, i dont know why i typed that. But the 1206D does also have an 80A fuse.

Dual_Corex2

banned
Obviously, you know way more than heyman421 does, care to explain what Jack Bauer will need?

If he is looking at just a good quality system, i probibly would not recommend the SPL Premier that i have. Its not exactly 100% quality when really pushed, there is some distortion at very high volumes, but unless you listen to your music maxed all the time, it probibly wont be a problem.

And yes, that is the same subwoofer and amp i have now. Im actually getting a new dual 12" enclosure to fit another Premier with a second HiFonics amp. I have been VERY pleased with my setup, its certainly not the loudest, but it turns heads. It sounds great at normal listening volume as well (i usually listen to my music at 30-35/50 with the subwoofer on 1/4 gain).

And i have no cap, stock alt (rated to put out 95amps). Just 2 amps, a distribution block. i have a 100A fuse up by my battery (im soon upgrading to a 200A alt.)

Bottom line is, HiFonics is a well known brand, and highly respected in car audio, subwoofers AND amps. Even their low end stuff has great reviews, your actually the first person i know of that has talked down HiFonics like this. It may have just been you had a bad amp, it happens. All i know is mine sounds great, stable at 1 ohm full gain half bass boost, and it really pushes my Premier to its max.

And dont go sealed on the enclosure. Its always best to build your own, but i wouldnt just buy something that doesnt tell you what its tuned at. For the Premier, my box is tuned at 32hz and it sounds great, its made to hit them REALLY low notes. Flexes my windows and i even get some minor windshield flex at the right note.

Last edited:

heyman421

banned
The only amps that are gauranteed to do rated power are CEA-2006 compliant, which are bench-tested by a 3rd party company, and verified to do the numbers that the manufacturer claims.

Unless you see a cea2006 compliancy certification, you don't know what you're getting. Plain and simple.

There's no reason for me to bash hardware that i've personally owned and used, unless i was honestly displeased with it. There's no reason for me to LIE to you. You could just as easily get something else.

Last edited:
The only amps that are gauranteed to do rated power are CEA-2006 compliant, which are bench-tested by a 3rd party company, and verified to do the numbers that the manufacturer claims.

Unless you see a cea2006 compliancy certification, you don't know what you're getting. Plain and simple.

There's no reason for me to bash hardware that i've personally owned and used, unless i was honestly displeased with it. There's no reason for me to LIE to you. You could just as easily get something else.

Did you just say 3rd party company? Hmm...perhaps the money under the table?

Besides, why didn't you just say that before? Instead of profiling that one amp?

heyman421

banned
I was just trying to share some insight

i never had any problems with my hifonics, it just didn't give me the power i needed
just don't buy a 1200w hifonics if you NEED 1200w, is all

maybe step up to the 1600w one for a few extra bucks

Dual_Corex2

banned

Hmmm....My Xplod amp said it was CEA-2006 compliant, does that mean it really put out 1000watts? lol.

To be honest, there is no TRUE official way to test car audio products, any company does it anyway they want to. RF is known to have the most reliable ratings for their products, and even under-rated.

Last edited:

heyman421

banned
Well, i gotta get off of here.

I've honestly lost all sight of what the inital conversation was about. We can agree to disagree here.

All i'd say is maybe consider spending the money you would have spent on a capacitor to get the next amp up in the brutus line, so you're assured to have enough power, and don't have to spend a lot more on another amp if you're not happy, which is what happened with me. Just trying to save you the trouble.

Dual_Corex2

banned
CEA2006 means the RMS claims are valid

the "MAX" rating still means little to nothing

Oh so then my Xplod amp was REALLY doing 500watts? lol. Either way, i doubt it was doing anywhere near 500watts. As it took about 7mins to blow my 300watt RMS subwoofer at a 20hz test tone with bass boost and full gain.

Just becuz it doesnt say its CEA compliant, doesnt mean that the RMS ratings are not true.

And just becuz it says it IS CEA compliant, doesnt mean that the RMS ratings are true.

Theres too many factors that take place to get a true rating on anything.

Just to show off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6eLMccz-EM

lol. Thats the best video i have of my Premier.

Last edited:

Jack Bauer

banned
This is what I am thinking of getting now does it look good?
I am going to get 1 for now then 2 down the road
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9267_Pioneer+Premier+TS-W3002SPL.html

when i get the second sub ill get another amp to
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6556_Hifonics+Titan+TXi+7506.html#reviews

dual core where did you get your new enclousre at i am thinking of getting the same one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd-mLrSVR3E

I am only going to get 1 for now that is all i can afford maybe later on this year or early next year I will be getting another one.

Last edited: