Case and WaterCooling

bomberboysk

It's not coming from the fans, it's from the CPU block. I can just have the pump on and it will still make that noise.

I have taken it apart twice and there is nothing inside. Sometimes it's not that bad, other times it is worse =S

Sounds almost like it isnt bled properly and has some air in the block. the block needs to be taken off the cpu but still attached to the hoses, and then place it so the base is horizontal and leave it like that for an hour or so to remove any air bubbles in the cpu block. If that doesnt work....contact swiftech.

Also....make sure the inlet and outlet are setup correctly. The inlet should be the lower barb, and outlet the higher barb.

Whats with the T-line? You shouldnt need a t line for a single loop, should have the tubing going like this with no extra fittings: Pump Outlet->Radiator->CPU Block->Back to Pump.

Last edited:

jellymonster

Sounds almost like it isnt bled properly and has some air in the block. the block needs to be taken off the cpu but still attached to the hoses, and then place it so the base is horizontal and leave it like that for an hour or so to remove any air bubbles in the cpu block. If that doesnt work....contact swiftech.

Ok, I'll try that later on.

Also....make sure the inlet and outlet are setup correctly. The inlet should be the lower barb, and outlet the higher barb.

The inlet and outlet are definitely the correct way around.

Whats with the T-line? You shouldnt need a t line for a single loop, should have the tubing going like this with no extra fittings: Pump Outlet->Radiator->CPU Block->Back to Pump.

My setup is as you said, just with a T-Line added after the pump and GPU block after CPU block. I did it for ease of draining. Do you think that this would be a problem?

Thanks

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Ok, I'll try that later on.

The inlet and outlet are definitely the correct way around.

My setup is as you said, just with a T-Line added after the pump and GPU block after CPU block. I did it for ease of draining. Do you think that this would be a problem?

Thanks

personally I don't run a t-line, because I have enough room with the tubing to move the pump a few inches out of my case and into a bucket, at which point I disconnect the output side. The tline also may be hindering proper drainage.

jellymonster

I out the computer on it's side, so the base of the block is horizontal and left it running for a few hours. I. Didn't get any better.

I did realise as I turned it on, that it is almost silent but then when left for a few minutes it starts to rattle. Could this is where bubbles are stuck to the sides of stuff and the water movement then makes them flow round the system?

bomberboysk

I out the computer on it's side, so the base of the block is horizontal and left it running for a few hours. I. Didn't get any better.

I did realise as I turned it on, that it is almost silent but then when left for a few minutes it starts to rattle. Could this is where bubbles are stuck to the sides of stuff and the water movement then makes them flow round the system?
Unscrew the waterblock from the cpu, jumpstart the PSU so your computer itself isnt running(Place a wire connecting the green wire on the 24pin atx connector to any of the black wires). Then shake the cpu block a bit so that air bubbles can get out(have the top off your res as well to let some air out of the system).

Also...your cpu block is mounted as tight as it gets, correct?