Case painting

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Hi,i have an old AMD K6 500Mhz PC that i got back up and running recently. Its the dull boring beige colour and i want to paint it. I mean REALLY paint it.

Now you're thinking, "Why is he telling us this", yes so am I. Anyway, i need your ideas, i've already thought about perhaps yellow and black stripes like a construction yard. Or perhaps solid black. Or some sort of design.

Bare in mind i am no artist so custom designs and paintingsarent really on the list, just a lot of masking tape and spraypaint.

I've had a look around lots of case mod sites but all they have are actual physical mods, not paint jobs.

So.... any ideas or pictures oir whatever you want to share would be great thanks.

dragon2309

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmmm

You can always paint it just one color (like black) and if that is something you would feel needs something more to it, you could use spray paint and with the help of masking tape redecorate it. If you would prefer not to do that, they do sell stickers (very large) made to stick on the side of PCs. They tend to be quite expensive though.

JAN :D

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
ok, thanks jan. anyone else have any ideas, at the moment i thin i will be painting it black and yellow like a construnction yard, and the front plate where the drives are will be solid black. what do you think

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
yeh, thats an idea, or if i go with the yello and black, i could paint the black sections with the UV reactive stuff, then when it gets near a UV light the black will go funky.

Any more ideas are welcome.

Geoff

VIP Member
i think that sounds better then it would look, if i picture it it looks pretty cool, but once you paint it it wont look as good. My suggestion is to paint it one color.

DanLatimer

get the chalkboard paint hahaha and turn your case into a blackboard ;)

or paint a cool design on it using a stencil! you could prolly buy a good one cheep or make your own by printing out a design like the mortal kombat symbol and gutting out the center with scissors

here is a site that does professional paint jobs on cases! lmao a little un-necissary..
http://www.directron.com/directron/autopaint.html

and they sell stencils too...
http://www.directron.com/directron/stencils.html
lol i would just take the pictures of there stencils print them out and cut them out hehe

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Thanks to lynx and dan for those links, they helped quite a bit, maybe i will do those stencil ones, that looks likt the easy way out. Maybe the unreal tounament logo or something.

Hows this for an idea, sand the case down, spray it all black, get some different sized UT stencils (probably Dark blur or something, or perhaps the UV reactive, so the UT logo will only show under UV light...) and put one on each panel of the case (top, left and right). Then coat the whole thing in a few layers of clear paint to finish.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
i sure will, probably about 2-3 weeks before its all done and dusted though. Anyone know of a UK spray paint shop website.

I've found some stencils that ive got to print out

DanLatimer

i may be cheeper just to goto a department store to get the paint, you could look into it. do they have walmarts in the UK? lol

are the sencils UT?

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
thanks elmarco, i will look into that site, and to dan, yes the stencils are of the UT logo. Not sure of a colour combination though, shall i go for a black case and silver logos or silver case with Blue or something different?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Heya

Cool. The UT idea seems good man. Have you considered a black/red combo? I mean a red UT logo and a black case? Just a suggestion. That UV idea seems very good as well.

JAN :D

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Oooh, red/black, i never thought of that. That could be good, i think i will go for red/black unless someone else comes up with something better, perhaps mimicking the colour scheme of unrealT....