Case painting

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
seems like red/black it is, what about the front panel, you knwo where the drive and that are, shouold that be black with the main body of the case or should it be red and go with the logo.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
but its a beige front at the moment, i would have to aint the front of the case black right?? Then the beige drives would look out of place.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yo

I would paint the drives black if I were you ;). However, you could also do it red like you have suggested, but it could be too much. You will not damage the drives if you do it right.

JAN :D

DanLatimer

i would take the front panel off and paint it and leave the drives alone, then use oil based painters paint you know the ones for paintings on canvas.. with a paint brush to do the drives. (it cost about $6 CAD for a good quality tube that would give you more than you would need.. but then again companies usually dont make black painters paint you have to mix a deep blue and a raw amber color or colors close to them...

DanLatimer

that would be cool, but i dont think that you could just change the case for a laptop, and if you could i would assume it would be very difficult

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
can u get a see through case for a laptop

Do you mind not hijacking my thread, thanks

Anyway, i think i will paint the front and drives black, i will make sure the insides of the drive dont get sprayed a bit though.

DanLatimer

I think thats a good colour choice :) im not sure how the red in front would have looked, it could have been cool or not im not sure its hard to visualize ;)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
yeh, the red may have tipped it over the top of looking good to looking awful.

My final choice : Black case, black front, black drives, red UT logos on all 3 sides of case. I might make the power/reset buttons red though :) And i might cut an 80mm hole in the side and get a UT fan guard, put a red LED fan in there, sparkling!!!!

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
i will make sure the insides of the drive dont get sprayed a bit though.
take the drive fascia off, and spray that seperately, that way you wont get any paint on the drive itself :)

Geoff

VIP Member
dragon, tell me how it works out and how easy it is, cause i might want to paint my drives.

DanLatimer

elmarcorulz said:
take the drive fascia off, and spray that seperately, that way you wont get any paint on the drive itself :)

although that may void your warrenty so becareful for that :)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
its way out of any warranty now anyway so it doesnt really matter?

to geoff, of course i shall let you all know how it all goes, iw ill prb make a thread psoting my prgress as i go along.

To elmarco, thats probably what i will do, probably a lot easier, thanks

To dan tak a look at the pic:

utblues.jpg

DanLatimer

haha that is awsome dragon! if i had any fans needing covering thats the way i would do it! ;) lol yeaaa i want to mod my computer but im lazy and have no time on my hands lol, also buying things costs money appearently :eek: