cat p*ssed on laptop

chrisalv14

banned
Hi people, this must be one of my first embarrasing topics to tell you but here we go!

right, i had a cool laptop a few days ago until my flipping cat p*ssed on the keyboard! my dads mate who works with computers and fixes them said there is nothing he can do to fix the laptop as it went all over the circuit board and everywhere inside the laptop!
:mad:

what could i do to fix the laptop?
p.s. my dads stupid mate through the laptop in the bin without my permission !! :mad::mad:

Droogie

If any of the parts were damaged than yea its pretty much shot. You could try leaving it in a really dry area for a day and see what happens. But if it was damaged which is probably was, than don't throw it away. Strip it down and salvage the working parts.

chrisalv14

banned
If any of the parts were damaged than yea its pretty much shot. You could try leaving it in a really dry area for a day and see what happens. But if it was damaged which is probably was, than don't throw it away. Strip it down and salvage the working parts.

the whole of the laptop incl. inside of it was wet with liquid - i left it my shed (in a big clear bag) and the next day it was dried but then nothing.... it still didnt work.
but thank you for your help anyway. really appreciate it.

Droogie

the whole of the laptop incl. inside of it was wet with liquid - i left it my shed (in a big clear bag) and the next day it was dried but then nothing.... it still didnt work.
but thank you for your help anyway. really appreciate it.

Yea that sucks, but if possible like I said try to salvage what parts you can. If you have a way of testing each part individually. I wouldn't just throw it out, even sell it "as is" on ebay or something.

bengal85

yeah it sounds like you are not going to be able to save it and get it to work again

you can still salvage what you can from it and sell the parts to help toward a new laptop

chrisalv14

banned
yeah it sounds like you are not going to be able to save it and get it to work again

you can still salvage what you can from it and sell the parts to help toward a new laptop

yes i suppose i could but everything was soaked!
i took out the battery and it was soaked!
:(
also the hard drive of it was also soaked!
why me? why meeeeeee!! lol

tlarkin

VIP Member
That cat would find itself in a shelter if it did that my laptop, or perhaps I would introduce it to my neighbors giant were wolf looking dog.

tremmor

Dam........i was just getting ready to say that.
Glad i did not. i would have done something different.
For sure. i would try taking apart and drying out then try to start again.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Dam........i was just getting ready to say that.
Glad i did not. i would have done something different.
For sure. i would try taking apart and drying out then try to start again.

Yeah I originally had other thoughts but then remembered I don't believe in animal cruelty. At least at a shelter or out on it's own it would have a fighting chance.

tremmor

one of the things these cats have a tendency to do is mark there territory.
but then again so do dogs.
........sorry about this incident.

sup2jzgte

WOW that really sucks, but I have to ask....................where was the the left left for the cat to leak on it? Cats dont just jump up on beds and things to piss lol

laznz1

lol too funny sorry mate it might be almost impossible to fix but try opening her out and taking it a part and just drying it out

luckyedboy66

haha, i LOLed. that really sucks though. the only thing i can think of to do with it is take the laptop and beat the cat with it. if that doesnt work, part it out.