Classic Games ~ All consoles

What is your favourite classic game, all consoles, all genres!

• Total voters

Verrona

Come on guys, u know the score. Wot do u think is ur favourite classic game. All consoles, all games, let us know.

V

magicman

VIP Member
Do you remember the good old Sega Gamegear?? Long before Nintendo cornered the market, Sonic was their No.1 game on that hand held little beauty.

It had kind of a mini LCD screen (meaning good old "undercover" gaming after lights out...)

The-Llamalizer

I didn't vote other, I went for Sonic, but if it had been there I wouldv'e gone for the Genesis classic, Comin Zone. I love that game. But whats ironic and cool about that, is that on the Sonic Mega Collection Plus game for Xbox, it includes Comic Zone.

magicman

VIP Member
I am a true believer that games were better when more was left up to the imagination (oh my God I am starting to sound like someone's grandad!!!!!)

Lax

VIP Member
My favorite games were either on the NES (all favorites) or the old uprights. I found MAME and played it straight for easily 2 months because I finally had access to all my favorite arcade games. (1945)

zilla

magicman said:
Do you remember the good old Sega Gamegear?? Long before Nintendo cornered the market, Sonic was their No.1 game on that hand held little beauty.

It had kind of a mini LCD screen (meaning good old "undercover" gaming after lights out...)

I remember that one... that system was ahead of it's time. Sonic was my vote too, it was so radically different than the Mario games of it's time. And being on the Genesis, it had awesome 16 bit graphics compared to the crappy 8 bit Nintendo graphics. As the opening loading of Sonic said, "SEEEEEEGA"

Yeah dude... memories. :D

Lax

VIP Member
I still own a gamegear, Master system, and SEGA. I love the SEGA more than them all, in fact I think I'll go play now.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Lord AnthraX said:
I still own a gamegear, Master system, and SEGA. I love the SEGA more than them all, in fact I think I'll go play now.

Ya, sega consoles were great consoles for there time, followed by the Dreamcast which was also a kick ass console :p ... many people will dissagree with me there :rolleyes:

deathbysunshine

(meaning good old "undercover" gaming after lights out...)
Yeah dude... memories.
agreed.
man im startin to cry !!! lol i miss my childhood and im only 14. lol again
well maybe its just becuase i have no friends lol for the 3rd time.

zilla

Guys, there was never a console called "SEGA" SEGA was the manufacturer of the "Master System" (8-bit) "Genesis" (16-bit) "SEGA CD" (upgrade for the Genesis) "32X" (another Genesis upgrade) "Saturn" (32-bit) "Gamegear" (pretty sure 8-bit but may have been 16) and the "Dreamcast" (128-bit)

Each system was extremely advanced for it's time and always set the bar for the future systems other companies were planning.

ZER0X

VIP Member
zilla said:
Guys, there was never a console called "SEGA" SEGA was the manufacturer of the "Master System" (8-bit) "Genesis" (16-bit) "SEGA CD" (upgrade for the Genesis) "32X" (another Genesis upgrade) "Saturn" (32-bit) "Gamegear" (pretty sure 8-bit but may have been 16) and the "Dreamcast" (128-bit)

Each system was extremely advanced for it's time and always set the bar for the future systems other companies were planning.

When I say sega I mean every console made by them :p

Lax

VIP Member
They also made 2 other versions of the Genesis. (which you prolly already knew) I still love my Atari though, I play it when I'm in the mood for REALLY old skool gaming.

Lax

VIP Member
the 19xx series wasn't sega or nintendo so technically they should change their name. Even still the 19xx series kicked butt and I play them regualarly on MAME.