Comcast Nabs me.. Agian...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonfeldt7

you're dumb.

I would have stopped after the first time...

also, frostwire is better than limewire people (actually they're the same thing, but frostwire sounds better because i hate limes)

lastly,its good to see that people are actually being punished..or...warned multiple times lol. At least they catch 1 or 2 out of every 1000.

codeman0013

Just to let you know as a comcast employee you are screwed becuase on the 2nd time you are reported to the fcc so enjoy that when the fbi shows up on your front door believe me its happened we do it all the time! You must be a total noob to even think if you were caught once we woudlnt monitor you for at least hmm oh i dont know 2 years time per our policy!!! All that for a crappy quality dvd you can literally walk right into target and buy on their $5 shelf right now what a moron... Grow up man you and your parents are both liable now i hope he gets you good and personally if you were my son your computer would be gone and never to return and my comptuer would have a lockdown where you coudlnt get on it hope you get that from him!

codeman0013

He can switch all he wants they will run a background when they do it now its standard isp things we all have to do and check with an old provider if he had one aka us and we will tell them what he did. He is lucky one of our guys hasnt limited his speeds yet. I'm sure thats coming next and his dad will love that!

Verve

once... maybe I'd forgive you.

But for the parents: fool me twice, shame on me. They should have kicked your butt the first time.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I don't think ISPs really cache all that information. Wired magazine just released a huge article about who is spying on who over the internet, talking about how much information ISPs really keep tabs on.

either way, using non encrypted P2P programs like limewire is dumb, and using tagged or flagged torrents is also dumb. Use utorrent and encrypt everything. Even though I am not huge into piracy I still encrypt because I don't want time warner looking at all the linux distros, hacking tools, etc I download.

codeman0013

Comcast/insightbb same people monitor everything closely and if you download or have to much upload they will email you and immediately start sniffing packets i know i do that as part of my job we watch it all...

Jack Bauer

banned
Comcast/insightbb same people monitor everything closely and if you download or have to much upload they will email you and immediately start sniffing packets i know i do that as part of my job we watch it all...

Do you know of any otherr ISP's that do that?

codeman0013

Just about everyone i know will turn on the sniffers on an ip if its using excessive bandwith upload or download speeds. If you are encrypting it you usually are ok. But we have a company right now working with us out of chicago that claims they can break the encryption becuase they are not all unbreakable so be careful is all i can say...

Jack Bauer

banned
Just about everyone i know will turn on the sniffers on an ip if its using excessive bandwith upload or download speeds. If you are encrypting it you usually are ok. But we have a company right now working with us out of chicago that claims they can break the encryption becuase they are not all unbreakable so be careful is all i can say...

I am on Frontier DSL and I use limewire but I dont download movies cause the download speeds can get high and I get worried so I quit doing that but when I download music I download 1 at a time and it is mostly only going from 2-70 kbps so hopefully I am ok.

tlarkin

VIP Member

I think thats illegal, breaking any kind of encryption is illegal, or at least a very gray area of the law. Plus, you probably already know getting a piece of the file is useless, you need the whole thing to tell what it is, and to prove that someone has the content in question.

codeman0013

yes we do but if you read the fine print in our agreement we have it all lined out we have had lawyers research it for us to be safe... Most of the time you are not going to see us on a connection but in a case like his where he was caught and had an email sent by our high up people he is suspect to packet sniffing and he isnt even encrypting his. We have not started looking into decrypying nor do i believe its right but there is one person high up in our organization that thinks its a good idea i think he will get stoped immediately as far as im concerned if someone is stupid enough to download it unencrypted then we get them if they encrypt it then i'm not going to waste my time on them at a..

Jack Bauer

banned
yes we do but if you read the fine print in our agreement we have it all lined out we have had lawyers research it for us to be safe... Most of the time you are not going to see us on a connection but in a case like his where he was caught and had an email sent by our high up people he is suspect to packet sniffing and he isnt even encrypting his. We have not started looking into decrypying nor do i believe its right but there is one person high up in our organization that thinks its a good idea i think he will get stoped immediately as far as im concerned if someone is stupid enough to download it unencrypted then we get them if they encrypt it then i'm not going to waste my time on them at a..

Do you know how to encrypt files from limwire?

tlarkin

VIP Member

Yes, I have no doubt in my mind that Comcast has a "team" of lawyers, which is a whole hell of a lot more than me.

Emperor_nero

Just some friendly advise guys, but I think this thread is in violation of forum rule number one. So I suggest you stop talking about this stuff.

codeman0013

nothing said by tlarkin and I is bad although jack bauer is going a little over board. We will not help you encrypt files from an illegal file sharing program. I'm not calling you out tlarkin i respect you and have many times learned a lot from your posts please no offence taken man. I'm goign to stop posting in this thread as we are getting a little off topic but hey its all good we wont help you do anything illegal though those who have tried to ask us.

tlarkin

VIP Member
nothing said by tlarkin and I is bad although jack bauer is going a little over board. We will not help you encrypt files from an illegal file sharing program. I'm not calling you out tlarkin i respect you and have many times learned a lot from your posts please no offence taken man. I'm goign to stop posting in this thread as we are getting a little off topic but hey its all good we wont help you do anything illegal though those who have tried to ask us.

there is a lot that can be discussed in my opinion that is fine. Encryption offers security and offers many more things other than related to piracy. Its one thing to protect yourself from people spying on you, but another to use it for piracy. I should have never brought up file encryption, I was just poking fun at the OP since he obviously can't use google.

no offense taken, and I never really get mad for people expressing their opinions on the internet, its dumb to get into fights online.

This all goes back to one of my main points (possibly posted on another forum) about how the users are responsible for viruses and spyware and malware, mostly through pirated software or the means to pirate software, aka P2P programs. That is the real killer.

kof2000

as long as you're providing the source... they'll get you. bt forces you to upload so thats why most people are caught using bt.

Status
Not open for further replies.