Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
650 Centerton Road
Moorestown, NJ 08057 U.S.A.
Phone: (856) 317-7272
Fax: (856) 317-7319
E-mail: [email protected]

For more information regarding Comcast's copyright infringement policy,
procedures, and contact information, please read our Acceptable Use Policy by
clicking on the Terms of Service link at http://www.comcast.net.

Sincerely,
Comcast Legal Response Center

Copyright work(s) identified in the notification of claimed infringement:

Asset: John Tucker Must Die DVD
Protocol: BitTorrent
IP Address:
DNS: c-67-184-92-12.hsd1.il.comcast.net
File Name: John Tucker Must Die (2006).avi/John Tucker Must Die (2006).avi
File Size: 734244864
Timestamp: 12 Jan 2007 23:29:52 GMT
Last Seen Date: 12 Jan 2007 23:29:52 GMT
URL: http://www.torrentportal.com/download/784868/John+Tucker+Must+Die+(2006).avi
.torrent

So i guess they tracked me through bit torrent.

I use bitlord. Any advice?

Last edited:

codeman0013

Wierd sounds like you are caught red handed man if you truely did download that dvd you have been caught by them. Now if thats the case that $20 you saved may very well cost you up to 10k in court!

sup2jzgte

Wow I have never seen this happen to anyone before. Well I would delete any other stuff that you may have that is illegal

dmw2692004

Wierd sounds like you are caught red handed man if you truely did download that dvd you have been caught by them. Now if thats the case that $20 you saved may very well cost you up to 10k in court!

so they can still take federal actions?/ take me to court? all of the downloaded stuff is gone.

codeman0013

They can still find it on your hdd if you were taken to court they would sieze your pc and to do a recover and they can actually take a 0ed out hdd and go back 5 layers to find material on it if they need it.

sup2jzgte

so they can still take federal actions?/ take me to court? all of the downloaded stuff is gone.

If they have proof like that, yes they can take you to court. Will they.? Probably not, but you never know. Dont forget just because you deleted something, that does not mean that the proof is not still on the HD. So if it Does go to court they can take your HD and other things as evidence.

codeman0013

I have a service account through insight as i work for them they are owned by and are basically comcast with a differnt name if you were using over 5mbs for a sustained period of time a packet sniffer was put into place to see waht you were doing thats where they found this info. This is a warning from them if they catch it again you will be turned over they are not playing around anymore as they can be liable if you are not turned over.

sup2jzgte

I have a service account through insight as i work for them they are owned by and are basically comcast with a differnt name if you were using over 5mbs for a sustained period of time a packet sniffer was put into place to see waht you were doing thats where they found this info. This is a warning from them if they catch it again you will be turned over they are not playing around anymore as they can be liable if you are not turned over.

Good to know. I wonder if thats why when I'm on Arse and I reach 3MB of DLing I get disconnected.

skidude

Take your hard drive and smash it with a sledgehammer, then burn it.... lol now they can't find anything!!!

But on a serious note I've never seen anything like this before, I hope you dont end up going to court!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont think they will do anything on this occasion....unless of course you keep downloading illegal stuff.

this is probably just a warning.

Just ignore that email.....dont download illegal stuff again.:)

I think they will be more intrested in the people who are constantly downloading illegal stuff 24/7

Trukin

Wow! i didn't know they tracked the IPs, but i did thought of that. Thats weird though, you should change your ISP. I have Cox, and i didn't used to use firewalls until they caught me downloading some episodes of "futurama" and my internet went down. I called them and they said they saw i had ilegal material in my pc. Some ISPs have BOTs that scan all their clients in search of ilegal material. Thats why having a firewall makes a huge difference. You shouldn't touch torrents for a while, they might be watching what you do.

red onion

I highly doubt that Cox "searches your PC"...that would be an invasion of privacy. More likely they look at the traffic in and out. Most likely nothing will happen with this...just avoid P2P for a while...and think about changing ISPs;)

dmw2692004

this is interesting, my dad is freaking out because they called him, and sent aan e-mail to the master account.

Trukin

I highly doubt that Cox "searches your PC"...that would be an invasion of privacy. More likely they look at the traffic in and out. Most likely nothing will happen with this...just avoid P2P for a while...and think about changing ISPs;)

I am not sure but i have cought them scanning my ports. But how come they saw what i downloaded? They said "We have records of you downloading ilegal episodes of Futurama" and i thought the only way they could see that was scanning me. I should get a copy of the contract ...

M0ddingMan1a

wow wtf.. never saw one of those before.. hmm good thing i dont use BT clients. but...... yea fill us in on anymore info u get on this. cuz i also have comcast.

Emperor_nero

Sorry but I don't have any sympathy for you, if you do something you know is illegal, you know that you risk getting caught.

SimpleSimon

Ouch, bummer bro. That's the first I've ever heard of this too!
Keep on the D/L for a while...and I don't mean download!

Status
Not open for further replies.