Comcast Tracked me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdeath101

got one of those too.. seems comcast is the only one and is only getting people who download movies (please correct me if im wrong ive been searching the web and only seen people getting cought for downloading riped dvd (video) images or videos)

and it doesn't matter on what you use to download people have been cought using

utorrent (me)

shareaza (my buddy)

bear share (net)

limewire (net)

are (net)

only comparison i got was that they were using comcast and me including my buddy and the ares user where behind firewalls..

wonder what comcast has to say about spying on theyre customers

dmw2692004

got one of those too.. seems comcast is the only one and is only getting people who download movies (please correct me if im wrong ive been searching the web and only seen people getting cought for downloading riped dvd (video) images or videos)

and it doesn't matter on what you use to download people have been cought using

utorrent (me)

shareaza (my buddy)

bear share (net)

limewire (net)

are (net)

only comparison i got was that they were using comcast and me including my buddy and the ares user where behind firewalls..

wonder what comcast has to say about spying on theyre customers

Comcast IS NOT spying on you. They put packet sniffers on your incoming- outgoing data to see were it is going once you reach a certian upload/download ratio.

Anyone corrrect me if im wrong.

dmw2692004

Sorry.

my bad thx for the info, lol don't got to put it that way jeez

i didnt mean or it to be an insult, i was just stating a fact that i learned from my dads lawyer. Its in their EULA that they can and will report suspicious behavoir to the RIAA.

It also says that they work with the RIAA.

Sorry if it offened you because it was in no way ment to do so.

dmw2692004

ok no prob, mind wanna explain to me what a sniffer is and what are its goals?

A packet sniffer (also known as a network analyzer or protocol analyzer or, for particular types of networks, an Ethernet sniffer or wireless sniffer) is computer software or computer hardware that can intercept and log traffic passing over a digital network or part of a network. As data streams travel back and forth over the network, the sniffer captures each packet and eventually decodes and analyzes its content according to the appropriate RFC or other specifications.

link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packet_sniffer

Status
Not open for further replies.