Compatibility DDR4 Ram-Motheboard problem...

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Don't worry about the QVL list. I've never used it and have never had any problems. Not sure if it was another thread of yours or not but Manufacturers can't test each and every ram available on each board. Gskill is a very good brand.

winston

Don't worry about the QVL list. I've never used it and have never had any problems. Not sure if it was another thread of yours or not but Manufacturers can't test each and every ram available on each board. Gskill is a very good brand.
No, it's my first post on the subject. Thank you very much for your answer :)

beers

Staff member
Enable the xmp profile and run some benchmarks. That will set the ram to it's specified frequency, timings and voltage

winston

I know how to activate the xmp profile but I would like a bit more detail about how to run the benchmarks if possible.

Thank you for your help

beers

Staff member
I kind of feel you're pre-emptively posting these questions without actually encountering any problems first.

What problems have you run into with the kit you have?

winston

I kind of feel you're pre-emptively posting these questions without actually encountering any problems first.

What problems have you run into with the kit you have?
You are right, I still haven't assembled the computer I just like to gather information before since this is my first build and I am a bit anxious.

I understand that it's not the most efficient way of working and it may waste a bit of your time :$.

I will start by encountering problems and I will come back with clear questions :)

Thanks

beers

Staff member
No worries on time, it's just difficult to diagnose a problem that may or may not exist :p

As per John the QVL are an okay guide but usually aren't able to test across all kits on the market.

winston

No worries on time, it's just difficult to diagnose a problem that may or may not exist :p

As per John the QVL are an okay guide but usually aren't able to test across all kits on the market.
I totally agree with you. Let's build this computer first ! :)

Agent Smith

If you want to test your RAM you can use the built-in Windows memory tester or better yet burn a copy of Memtest 86+ to CD using IMGBurn portable. Then all you have to do is boot the disk like you would to install an OS and chose the options.