Computer Boot Issue

Man, I dont know. Never had a unsupported processor kill a board before. Most of the time it wont boot or just call it a unknown processor.
 
Yeah I don't know. Like that page said AM2+, so I took it literal :/

Well, I don't know now. Everything is chill.
 
Okay, here is the latest.

I put the 260 on the old man's system. Boots.

I put the 9500. Boots.

Put the 260 in first, 9500 in second slot. Nothing.

I put his 2900XT in mine. Nothing.

This leads me to believe the mobo is now incapable of booting up. I do not get any POSTs.

Any suggestions for this Phenom II?
 
So, I just put all my old parts in, took out the CPU and put my dads which is the same and it booted fine.

Put mine on his, nothing. So isolated, it's the CPU. Mobo works fine, just have to buy a new one that will work with the Phenom II and take my DDR2-800mhz RAM sticks. Hopefully I can utilize the two video cards as well.. might have to SLI and then disable it I guess :S
 
So, I just put all my old parts in, took out the CPU and put my dads which is the same and it booted fine.

Put mine on his, nothing. So isolated, it's the CPU. Mobo works fine, just have to buy a new one that will work with the Phenom II and take my DDR2-800mhz RAM sticks. Hopefully I can utilize the two video cards as well.. might have to SLI and then disable it I guess :S
 
So, can you run two NVIDIAs independently? How the hell do you SLI when they don't give you a bridge for it?

Why does every board just support ATI? Wtf..
 
Last edited:
I don't want SLI. I can't even dual GPU with ATI cards now, even though I just did 48 hours ago.
 
I have the ASUS M4A78-E now. ATI 5770 and 2900XT. I can't get quad monitor on this either.

Yet I did before two days ago on that other board.
 
Back
Top