I was browsing the No p.o.s.t trouble shooting guide, step by step. thread and saw:
Hence why I am here.
I just bought the AMD Phenom II X4 940 Processor, eVGA GeForce GTX 260 and eVGA GeForce 9500 GT.
I am using the ASUS M2R32-MVP motherboard which states it supports AM2+ and my video cards. I have a 650W Corsair PSU.
I put everything in, attached the two 6-pin cables to the 260 and hooked the cables back. I turned it on and got:
The bottom red light on constant (I think ten seconds.) while my keyboard four lights stay on as well.
There is no POST sound, but the HDDs and fans are going. It sounds as if it is booting up but I do not get picture.
I took the two cards out, put the old one back, nothing. I took that out, and put the 9500, nothing.
I have one stick of RAM in, nothing.
Something about possibly doing something to the BIOS? That's fine, but how the hell am I supposed to do that if I cannot see what is going on?
Anyone seen this before? Thanks.
Important: If you turn on your computer and nothing happens at all, then that is not a no POST issue, it's a power issue. If this is the case, then you've got the wrong thread.
Hence why I am here.
I just bought the AMD Phenom II X4 940 Processor, eVGA GeForce GTX 260 and eVGA GeForce 9500 GT.
I am using the ASUS M2R32-MVP motherboard which states it supports AM2+ and my video cards. I have a 650W Corsair PSU.
I put everything in, attached the two 6-pin cables to the 260 and hooked the cables back. I turned it on and got:
The bottom red light on constant (I think ten seconds.) while my keyboard four lights stay on as well.
There is no POST sound, but the HDDs and fans are going. It sounds as if it is booting up but I do not get picture.
I took the two cards out, put the old one back, nothing. I took that out, and put the 9500, nothing.
I have one stick of RAM in, nothing.
Something about possibly doing something to the BIOS? That's fine, but how the hell am I supposed to do that if I cannot see what is going on?
Anyone seen this before? Thanks.