Computer Dilema

isaacual69

well first off, i thinkn all are going in the wrong direction...try flashing your bios with the motherboards manufacture website,. many times i have built a systme and it wouldnt install windows. it would either restart in the process or freeze or do nothing. maybe your bios isnt acpi compliant or not fully functional. bet beyond that, if you are installing on a sata drive, you do nor need to install ant drivers, since the f6 prompt only requires "raid" drivers. seeing that your jumpers are correct, and that your cables are as well, and if your bios detects the drive you wish to install xp on as the primary master, i would also check your disc itself for any flaws as well as a different hdd, perhaps even a ata ide..maybe your sata connector is faulty....but i would do the bios flash first, since its the most important thing for your pc....please let us know how this is going

whiteleechris

right now I am backing up all my files to wipe the hard drive and use it in my other computer!

and Im still wondering about flashing my Bios! I dont know what that means and I would like to know and also how to do it please!