Computer Forum Game Night

Pick your preferences

• Total voters

bomberboysk

If anyones interested, its prolly gonna restart a few times while i work out how to set things but type this into your console to check your ping/etc(Server is for COD4). No quotes: "/connect 76.188.84.222"

As far as free games are concerned, i myself fell in love with wolfenstein enemy territory and the noquarter mod, and hosted a server for it until around a year ago:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein:_Enemy_Territory

Last edited:

epidemik

If anyones interested, its prolly gonna restart a few times while i work out how to set things but type this into your console to check your ping/etc(COD4). No quotes: "/connect 76.188.84.222"

As far as free games are concerned, i myself fell in love with wolfenstein enemy territory and the noquarter mod, and hosted a server for it until around a year ago:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein:_Enemy_Territory

I just realized I don't have COD4 installed. I need to go get the CD from a friends house though (I bought a key "used" a month after the game came out for $15 (great deal) ). Hopefully he's home. Get on steam.

As far as free games, I used to play True Combat Elite (3 years ago...) and loved it. Not sure if theyve been updating it or not though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueCombat:Elite
Edi: No updates since 07

bomberboysk

For what game Bomberboysk?

COD4;) (guess i didnt make it clear enough earlier, ill fix it)

Anyhow, got a buddy of mine to come in, his connection wasnt that great apparently since his ping was 140ish, but then two other random people joined in with pings of ~80 so it seemed to be a semi-decent connection.

I'll leave it up overnight, if you guys logon tell me how bad your ping was.

Last edited:

Rit

I still vote for the free or cheap games. CoD4 doesn't seem that bad, I liked CoD2. Looks like you can get CoD4 on Ebay for about $15-20, which is probably the max I'd spend for a 'cheap' game.

awildgoose

Alright, about to post an update. I just want to think it out a little further.
If anyone has admin access to a TF2 or COD4 server, post or pm me. Im going to see if I can get a hold of one from a team Im good friends with.

Well, I've already told you over steam and on here I can get a CS:S server and a TF2 one, but only for around 2 hours then I have to give it back.
Also it's a aussie one, but people from the US and UK have been on it with less than 100 ping so it should be fine I guess.

bomberboysk

Well, I have Vegas 2, but it doesn't like going on the internet for some reason :(
Could try hamachi...

Thats a game i actually have as well, i just got it for free in a combo deal when i built my dads rig. Now, if only i had an optical drive to install it with...i guess ill have to use my laptops dvd drive and install it over my network again haha.

epidemik

I think for the first event, we will play either COD4 or TF2 since a majority of the members interested have that game and enjoy it. BC2 is a possibility for our next event (assuming this event goes well, I hope to have more game nights).

I am working with a few members to get servers worked out (thanks bomber, aastii, and awildgoose (but australia might be a stretch) ). If anyone personally owns a dedicated server in either of these games and can easily throw a password on it for a night, that would reduce some of the complications arising so please send me a pm. Otherwise, it looks like we have a few options that may end up working. Server availability will probably determine the game we play and possibly even the time of the first event.

Thanks for the input so far. I'm hoping to work out the servers by the middle of this week. I'm also hoping that once we get the first event up and off the ground, it won't be too hard to have them on a (semi-?)regular basis.

Rit

Now no complaining! Everyone must download Allods and join Ryeong and I.. Make sure to get the EU version and join our server. :p

just a noob

Think you're going to get a TF2 server? I'll probably play then, because I'm at least half decent at that :p

bomberboysk

Think you're going to get a TF2 server? I'll probably play then, because I'm at least half decent at that :p

I'll prolly be working on setting one up later this week.

Someone should look into setting up a TS server or something, as if we do end up using my cod4 or tf2 server theres no way my connection will handle TS as well.