Computer Forum now up and running

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Well this forum will always be a work in progress, but the forum is now officially up and running :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Still getting used to vb3.0
Not sure why the smilies dont appear to the left.

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
it sure is very different. not bad at all, but different. i will need some time to get more aquainted with it as well.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Well looks like I finally got the smilies working, next job is the quick reply box :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
See those little "v" buttons in the top right hand corner.
Well, the second one from the left is the View New Posts button.
This is a beta version of vb3.0 so the RC should be changed and there will be further differences once it goes GOLD.

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
i am curious to see the final version. should be pretty good. i haven't run into any problems really with the beta as of yet. :)

Christopher

VIP Member
ian said:
Well looks like I finally got the smilies working, next job is the quick reply box :)
Goto vBulletin Options in the Admin CP and then go to the "Message Posting and Editing Options" section :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Chroder!
I went with the first option, but that required you to click on a quick reply icon on one of the posts first.
To disable having to click on that first, which I then did, renders the hybrid and threaded formats non-sensical.
Not sure which is the best option now.

Christopher

VIP Member
Same options place, but under "Threaded / Hybrid Mode Options (showthread)" this time ;)

Though I'm not sure what the option does alone. On DevBox I totally editted out the Threaded/Hybird mode on the templates, not sure if the setting hides the option.

Bigshow1030 said:
I must admit I do like this site, you gentleman have done a very good job :D

So as I (even when you solve my stupid quesdtions) everyday I learn, but I think I also get dummier at some places. Stupid plumbing :mad:

stalex111

I'd like to thank all of you guys for setting up this great forum and for making it better.
I've learnt soooooooo much since i've been here!
But i'm trying to be active to get out of this "Computer Newbie" business.

Stalex111

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I think I also get dummier at some places. Stupid plumbing
LOL :)

I'd like to thank all of you guys for setting up this great forum and for making it better.
I've learnt soooooooo much since i've been here!
But i'm trying to be active to get out of this "Computer Newbie" business.
Happy to oblige :) Enjoy