Computer Forum Tech Guides

Discussion in 'General Computer Chat' started by apj101, May 2, 2010.

1. ninjabubbles3

ninjabubbles3 Active Member

Got around halfway through my guide on different builds at different price points. Going to update it till I get to 1500$

2. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

Suddenly guides everywhere. :D

I've started writing the How to Build A Computer one but won't be able to get pictures for at least another 2 weeks.

Salvage: I look forward to your guide, I imagine it'll be quite good.

3. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

Remember all guides need to be ran by a mod for approval before being posted.

4. C4C

C4C Well-Known Member

Both....? If there's an idea not posted, then I presume that you can create it and run it by...

5. salvage-this

salvage-this Active Member

I ended up deleting that post since I went back and read the first page that has all of the answers. I should know better. :rolleyes:

6. Darren

I've got my guide typed up and wouldn't mind some feedback. It's obviously not finished and there are somethings I need to clarify and of course add pictures. Anybody mind taking a read over it for me? Also I don't really know where to put it. It's saved as Word document at the moment.

7. C4C

C4C Well-Known Member

Sent my guide on building an AMD powered machine to Voyager... Hopefully he has the time to review it...

8. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

You can send it to me and I'll look it over.

9. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again Staff Member

I got your PM while I was out to dinner with the girl :cool:

10. C4C

C4C Well-Known Member

Hehehe.... I cut out most of the biased information about AMD over Intel... My main point is AMD is great for a budget under 1K.... John got the biased draft as a PM :eek:

Here's the "live" draft. Completed by me with insight gathered from the interwebs. I'm a little tired, and very busy right now so here's my thoughts: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15D_eHSpiHpi1v3zbvCD20Ds9yin64PCR-8sIzPDq_og/edit?usp=sharing

I was also thinking that somebody could edit a guide for the other side (Intel) of things.... Maybe Ninja since he's got a guide in the draft process as well?

11. Darren

Apart from the fanboyism this is pretty well put together. I like you broke down the systems and why you chose what you did.

12. C4C

C4C Well-Known Member

Thanks Darren.. It's quite hard to be pro AMD within a certain price range without having a bit of bias.. I'll be making it even more factual in a few days. I have 2 volunteer events this weekend, an AP bio test on Monday and a pre calc test on Tuesday :eek::eek::eek:

13. voyagerfan99

Personally I'd go Intel unless I had under $600 to spend. I'm looking at about $750 for a new mobo, i7, RAM, and GPU whenever my next upgrade comes along.

14. C4C

C4C Well-Known Member

I just went back to PC Part Picker and made a list of components... I don't know why, but the last time I looked up a decent Intel build it was averaging $1110+ which is why I've always been kinda pro-AMD... But for $150 more then what my computer costs without discounts and rebates, this is a nice rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/T9m6mG

15. voyagerfan99

See my cost would be much higher because I'd go nVidia and also get 16GB of RAM.