Computer Forum Tech Guides

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice 101 Linkin thanks for the effort :)

Look farward to see some more CF 101s in the future,Theyre quite helpfull. ;)

linkin

VIP Member
Hmm i can see that one needs some work... how about we don't link to any components? thatw ay the principle stays the same over x amount of time.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I do plan on writing some stuff for Linux and OS X, but I need to figure out what exactly I am going to write and how to write it. I also need to figure out time....

If you were wanting to read about either subject, what would you like to see? Suggestions?

Respital

I do plan on writing some stuff for Linux and OS X, but I need to figure out what exactly I am going to write and how to write it. I also need to figure out time....

If you were wanting to read about either subject, what would you like to see? Suggestions?

A networking 101! :)

A general introduction, how to get it running, the pros and cons, lots of pictures and information, how to use wine etc.

Dystopia

Can I do one on computer build budget guides? IDK about the title really, I would just break it up into sections, starting at around 300 until like 2000. done it before on another site, brought in more traffic, then the guy decided he didn't want to do the blog anymore and everything got deleted :(((((

Respital

Networking, what?

I'd really like a 101 for networking as well, Bob told me that tlarkin would be one of the few that would know enough to get us started with one so I'm recommending him for the job. :)

Linux? To what Windows? Need more details!

Look at the other guides for a kind of 'template'.

• A general overview is always good, giving a short description about Linux/OSX and why and in what cases they should be chosen.
  • The pros and cons in each area, like Macs are good for moving editing and such, gaming is kind of limited etc.
  • Guides on how some applications can be used to increase the functionality of the OS to act more like windows (Wine, etc).
  • Anything else you might feel is valuable, like explaining why Macs cost more than PCs with similar parts and such.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Look at the other guides for a kind of 'template'.

• A general overview is always good, giving a short description about Linux/OSX and why and in what cases they should be chosen.
  • The pros and cons in each area, like Macs are good for moving editing and such, gaming is kind of limited etc.
  • Guides on how some applications can be used to increase the functionality of the OS to act more like windows (Wine, etc).
  • Anything else you might feel is valuable, like explaining why Macs cost more than PCs with similar parts and such.

This is just my opinion, but in my opinion and experience I like tech documents to come in this format:

What?

How?

Why?

Where what outlines what you are doing, introduction maybe a bit of background but do not digress too far. How explains the how to, and then last and I think most importantly you put the why you would want to do your goal this exact way. That way there is an understanding of what you are trying to accomplish and keeps it simple and to the point.

Just my 2 cents...

Respital

This is just my opinion, but in my opinion and experience I like tech documents to come in this format:

What?

How?

Why?

Where what outlines what you are doing, introduction maybe a bit of background but do not digress too far. How explains the how to, and then last and I think most importantly you put the why you would want to do your goal this exact way. That way there is an understanding of what you are trying to accomplish and keeps it simple and to the point.

Just my 2 cents...

Why'd you ask me then?

Feuerfrei.x

What about one kinda about Batch Files. I know plently on them.... lol i just wanna wirte one so badbut i'm sure everyone lese on theis forum will know more stuff than me :'(

EDIT: hang on i dont think I'm thinking of Batch Files (yea great the one thing i can do really well, i dont know the name of) are they were you can write on Notepad and get your computer / server to do something like shutdown ad sart certain things etc.??

Last edited: