Computer freezes randomly

@All

I had posted the problem with my comp a couple of days back...'Comp freezing randomly".
Well,it's solved now.There are a couple of slots on the motherboard where you can connect the wire from your hard disk to the motherboard.something was wrong with the slot it was connected to.I just changed the slot and the problem is solved.:)
However,thanks guys for all the help.And @Mega....hope yours get solved soon.

houseofbugs

Hi all,
I am facing a peculiar problem for the last 2 months with my PC.My computer just freezes randomly.It wont accept any input from the keyboard or mouse.The only way out is pressing the restart button.

I use Windows Xp pro....SP2.

For more info let me tell you that this problem is occurring since i bought a new motherboard.

Details are as follows:1)Biostar motherboard for intel processor
having
a)Display -NVidia GEforce 7050/NVidia n-force 610i
b)Nvidia n-force network adapter

2)Processor--P4,2.66GHz
3)DDR2 RAM--1 GB

The drivers are all latest and updated.
There are also no unknown devices.

The machine mostly freezes when i watch videos of any kind....videos that run smoothly on other peoples machines.Sometimes it freezes when i am browsing and it also freezes when it's idle(the last 1 has happened only twice).
But otherwise there's no other problem.
Regarding viruses and malware there are none in my comp i guess.I use norton internet security(2004) and AVG antispyware version 7.5.This problem used to occur even before these two were installed.

In the system error log the only error i find is:

Event id 29---win32time---Ntpclient failed to connect to time sources.
and
Event id 17---win32time---Ntpclient failed to connect to DNS server.

Basically, i don't have any clue what's going on.Please help me out guys.And thanks in advance.

It is an older system. Have you opened it up and made sure that all the heatsinks are free of dust and other debris?