Computer too loud

Darren

Staff member
Does anyone know why that happens?
I think I've heard of this on Intel chips too. Calculations make it pull more power from the socket than it's designed for. With Intel I think they can take it better since their TDP is obviously lower than the 125 watts on my 8320. I could also just be talking out of my ass.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I know that a certain version of prime95 made it draw more voltage than what is specified in the BIOS. For the most part, it wasn't a big issue for me, but I do see that being a problem when I was OC'ing near the limit of air cooling. The TDP of my W3690 is 130W too.

I wasn't aware that this was causing issues at stock settings for AMD though.

Darren

Staff member
I know that a certain version of prime95 made it draw more voltage than what is specified in the BIOS. For the most part, it wasn't a big issue for me, but I do see that being a problem when I was OC'ing near the limit of air cooling.

I wasn't aware that this was causing issues at stock settings for AMD though.

I had certain workers/threads start quitting. Wasn't overheating at stock though. It does however make me overheat when doing overclocks that literally no other situation every comes close to. Gaming and pushing my CPU and GPU hard don't get as hot as just running my CPU on Prime. It's ridiculous how hot it would get.