Computer totally f'ed

jonnyp11

don't tell me how crappy this is cuz i know and have gone over why many times b4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link to my comp. on newegg, didn't get it from there but same model minus win7 on mine:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883114073
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7600
Report Date: Friday 01 July 2011at 23:26

<<< System Summary >>>
> Mainboard : eMachines EMCP73VT-PM
> Chipset : nVidia GeForce 7050
> Processor : Intel Celeron E2210 @ 2200MHz
> Physical Memory : 3072MBDDR2-SDRAM
> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 620i
> Hard Disk : Hitachi HDT721032SLA SCSI Disk Device (320GB)
> DVD-Rom Drive : ATAPI DVD A DH16A6S
> Monitor Type : NEC Technologies NEC LCD1715 - 17 inches
> Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8101 PCIe Fast Ethernet Adapter
> Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7600 (64-bit)
> DirectX : Version 11.00
> Windows Performance Index : 2.8 on 7.9

***** End of report *****

Last edited:

Okedokey

Ok, you should have never OCd this computer. Please confirm you are posting the PSU model and please continue with the rest of the instructions.

Once you have finished ALL of the instructions above, do this:

1. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us - click on the motherboard drivers button, download and install, then repeat the process for graphics.
  2. Then update direct X: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...C4-6315-4D8E-9543-8E28A4E18C4C/dxwebsetup.exe - uncheck the Bing Bar on install.
  3. Restart.

In your next post confirm the following:

1. Driver updates succesfully installed
  2. Windows updates succesfully installed
  3. Check disk completed
  4. sfc /scannow succesfully completed
  5. psu model and brand posted
  6. memory check completed succesfully - note any errors
  7. Direct X successfully installed
  8. Your antivirus is updated and scanned recently (please post which one you are using and any other security software installed)

Last edited:

jonnyp11

well the psu is still the one that came with it, and it is still under warranty cuz it's 1 year old and we got the extra service thing for either 2 years or +2, idk, and they won't know if we do have to, and i obly went to 23 a couple times then to 226 or 220 the other times which stock is 200 and i'm at 75% now on the scan

jonnyp11

never mind, remembered updoter in the nvidia system tools program. and everything else including the sticker says it's a pentium e2210, not a celeron if this matters.

Last edited:

Okedokey

Please read my previous post (#20 and #23) and take the time to do it all prior to re-posting. Otherwise its very difficult for me to help you.

jonnyp11

k, well almost done with things prior to reboot

what memory check, noticed when rechecking.

Last edited:

Okedokey

This will take time, so be patient and don't skip bits. We are isolating software issues and trying to identify potential hardware issues.

Okedokey

Do the checkdisk first, then restart and do the following:

1. Open Memory Diagnostics Tool by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel.
  2. In the search box, type Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
  3. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  4. Choose when to run the tool (next restart)
  5. Restart and follow prompts

Note any errors and then update Windows. Restart and begin steps in post #23.

Just to reiterate, do each and every step, and in point form, post success of otherwise to each.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

i think this might help u help me as it told me to look here upon completion of the scan, the cbs windows log files, but i thing it's a little too long for me to post in here so is there some way to post this document, email might be an easy way if you'd like or i can copy and paste here or somewhere else but it is exceedingly long for only being from 6-29 to today

and in my event viewer i found many critical errors sourced as kernel power which sounds like it could be the cause of this

Last edited:

jonnyp11

sry for so many q's, but is error checking the same as checkdisk, i know i've seen that b4, but it's not there right now

and i'm about to restart and that will take like an hour from all that stuff plus 1 or 2 others i did, and then some system, updates i ran that want me to reboot now

and was tapping f8 for bios or something, will b back in 30 plus mins when done rebooting

Last edited:

Okedokey

Yes, use checkdisk.

Please don't do anything out of order. Please follow my instructions to the letter. When you have finished the Windows UPdates, checkdsk and memory diagnostics complete all the instructions in post #23 and report for each point I have requested at the end of that post.

Then PM when you have done all of that and posted the results as requested.

Good luck.

jonnyp11

K well its not going up or finishing anytime soon so I'm going to sleep, it's 206am for Meir should be done when I get up and I swear if it flashes or my Sid screws it up I'm gunna hurt someone

jonnyp11

well i came out this morning and it was off and nothing was on the screen for the dignostic reports, and it did the fan thing where it goes all the way on and nothing alse does.

jonnyp11

everything is done, but the psu is the oem which i'll post in 1 min, and my antivirus is norton which everyone complains about so i know but i'm fairly sure ours is free with comcast,and the checkdisk may not have completed since this morning when i came out it had gone off, whether it flashed or what idk, but when trying to turn it on it did do the funky fan thing again.

Okedokey

Ok, complete everything in post #23. Also, go to control panel, hardware and sound, power settings and turn off hybernation. It sounds like it has issues with that.