Computer you wish you had but don't have the money for

Christopher

VIP Member
As the title reads :D

I made this list up in hopes it could be a Christmas/Birthday for the next 3 years present ;)

http://chris.devbox.net/puter/

Not even sure the parts are all compatable, meh, I'll look over it later.

(Don't make fun of my case :p I needed something cheap ;))

cptnwinky

VIP Member
Why do you need a 52x CD-ROM when you already have a DVD player and a CD-Burner?

Plus I would get one 512 stick of RAM. It would be cheaper and easier to upgrade later on since you still have a slot open.

Christopher

VIP Member
Why do you need a 52x CD-ROM when you already have a DVD player and a CD-Burner?
// edit. nevermind, I always thought they were slower. Time to update the list ;)

Plus I would get one 512 stick of RAM. It would be cheaper and easier to upgrade later on since you still have a slot open.
It's dual-channel.

Last edited:

AainaalyaA

tad expensive innit.. tell you what.. tell your parents to come to Asia for a shopping spree for XMas.. and no, we don't have SARS here :)

AainaalyaA

and.... Cathay Pacific and Malaysian Airways are having specials so its really cheap to fly now, and while you're at it you might want to stopover and visit Ian and SuZ :)

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
believe it or not, but i would preffer the flight around the world over the computer.

however, i have the computer i want, but it's not done yet. it's a work in progress.

AainaalyaA

Dell's latest offering is pretty good too... but I'd opt out for IBM anytime.. or maybe an SGI... this one is pretty neat..

AainaalyaA

what would you do by being wired? surely there must be more to "life" in your world than being wired... you're an intelligent being.. not some slave to machines.. or are you?

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
i don't access the internet when on a real vacation unless the opportunity is presented to me to check my email, but even then, that is all i do.

AainaalyaA

everything just blanks out when i'm on a vacation... i don't even have this cold-turkey feeling when i pass a cyber cafe, or a pc or even anything techie... i must be getting over the "wired" syndrome...

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I would choose the trip around the world as well, mainly because it would get me out of work.