Confused with speakers

cohen

I get audio out of my PC, but when I plug the xbox in I get nothing, do you say I need a better system just because the sound sucks or because it wont work? Any other speaker system you would recommend that would be easy to set up?

Well then there might be something wrong with the sound going from the XBOX to the PC

As for a sound system.... how much are you willing to spend??? i would say a 5.1 would sound good....

diggidy

im willing to spend around 150$, but I want to know it will work before I buy them. Do you know what audio setting I would need to put it on to get the 2.0 system I have right now to work?

cohen

im willing to spend around 150$, but I want to know it will work before I buy them. Do you know what audio setting I would need to put it on to get the 2.0 system I have right now to work?

OK, for a sound system i will post some links soon

Audio Setting, you should be able to plug in the RCA adaptor into the "line in" blue plug and then it "should" go out on your PC audio output... that is what i have been saying.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
As cohen said, plug the RCA out of your 360 to the RCA to 3.5mm adapter and then plug the adapter to the blue line-in jack of your computer. Then MAKE SURE the line-in channel is not muted on your PC, as it usually is muted.

This method will ONLY provide stereo sound to your computer. Your sound card might be able to put it through all speakers if you have 5.1 or 7.1 system, but it will not be true surround sound.

cohen

As cohen said, plug the RCA out of your 360 to the RCA to 3.5mm adapter and then plug the adapter to the blue line-in jack of your computer. Then MAKE SURE the line-in channel is not muted on your PC, as it usually is muted.

This method will ONLY provide stereo sound to your computer. Your sound card might be able to put it through all speakers if you have 5.1 or 7.1 system, but it will not be true surround sound.

That is why it is not working, probably muted, thanks for explaining it better.

diggidy

No it wasn't muted, when I was trying to get my LG system to work I switched the settings to digital for the optical cord(it was set on 5.1 surround sound) and tried what you said and it worked. thanks a lot

Any suggestions for a better sound system under 150$, prefferably under like 75-100 though because that way I can by another game ;-)

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
No it wasn't muted, when I was trying to get my LG system to work I switched the settings to digital for the optical cord(it was set on 5.1 surround sound) and tried what you said and it worked. thanks a lot

Any suggestions for a better sound system under 150$, prefferably under like 75-100 though because that way I can by another game ;-)

Do you want a computer speaker system or a home theater speaker system?

diggidy

Well, i'd be fine with either but the thing is I really have no clue what i'm doing with this stuff (if you already haven't noticed). Considering that I got my computer speakers to work both ways right now i'd like to go with that, but only if it would be the same way of plugging the 3.5mm thing into the blue input and having everything work.

Really I want the easiest way out and having everything work but still sound great.

So I guess i can do either one, whichever one you think would be better?

diggidy

If I were to get a 5.1 computer sound system, would I need to get the new sound card, or keep the one I have now? Could I get a nice 2.1 system that works with the sound card I have now?

cohen

If I were to get a 5.1 computer sound system, would I need to get the new sound card, or keep the one I have now? Could I get a nice 2.1 system that works with the sound card I have now?

Yes if you do get 5.1, you will have to get a new sound card, but believe me the 5.1 sound really good and it is good for playing games!!!!

diggidy

OK, so I'm willing to buy the sound card, but will it still be the same with my XBOX where I just plug it into one input and everything is fine, or will it require more cords. Why is there 4 inputs on the cound card instead of the 3 I have now. What are all 4 used for now?

Also, it says the sound card you posted is a weird shape for most computers, so will it fit in my fine?

cohen

OK, so I'm willing to buy the sound card, but will it still be the same with my XBOX where I just plug it into one input and everything is fine, or will it require more cords. Why is there 4 inputs on the cound card instead of the 3 I have now. What are all 4 used for now?

Also, it says the sound card you posted is a weird shape for most computers, so will it fit in my fine?

It should fit in your computer, do you know what your motherboard is (if possible post a link) and same for the case.

And for the sound card, you plug the XBOX into the blue plug on the sound card.

29-102-010-07.jpg

diggidy

RAM

Installed Size
256 MB / 1 GB (max)
Technology
DDR SDRAM
Memory speed
333 MHz
Memory specification compliance
PC3200
RAM form factor
DIMM 184-pin
RAM features
Two DDR channels

Environmental Parameters

Min operating temperature
50 °F
Max operating temperature
95 °F
Operating humidity range
10 - 90%
Sound emission
50 dBA

Storage Controller

Type
1 x IDE - Integrated
Controller interface type
ATA-100

Storage Controller (2nd)

Type
None

Storage

Floppy drive type
None
Hard Drive
1 x 40 GB - Standard - ATA-100 - 7200 rpm
Hard Drive (2nd)
None x None

Optical Storage

Type
CD-ROM - IDE
CD / DVD read speed
48x

Optical Storage (2nd)

Type
None

Storage Removable

Type
None
Capacity
None

Monitor

Monitor Type
Display - CRT
Display (projector) diagonal size
17 in
Viewable screen size
16 in
Dot pitch
0.27 mm

Graphics Controller

Type
Integrated
Graphics Processor / Vendor
Intel Extreme Graphics 2
Video Memory
Dynamic Video Memory Technology 2.0
Max Monitors Supported

Audio Output

Type
Sound card - Integrated
Sound card name
Integrated AC97
Audio output compliant standards
AC '97
Speaker(s)
2 x Right / left channel

Input Device

Type
Mouse, Keyboard

Audio Input

Type
None

And what are the other three input on the sound card for? Is there just more outputs on 5.1 speakers?

diggidy

Is my motherboard fast enough the support this sound card? I have a dell dimension 3000 and a dimension 2400.

cohen

diggidy said:
Is my motherboard fast enough the support this sound card? I have a dell dimension 3000 and a dimension 2400.

Yes it will

diggidy said:
And what are the other three input on the sound card for? Is there just more outputs on 5.1 speakers?

Black + Orange + Green = The 5.1 Speakers Outputs.

Blue
- Line in / Mic

diggidy

OK, last question. I think ;-).

Is it really that complicated to install a new sound card or could I do it myself without screwing it up, or should I pay someone to do it?

cohen

Is it really that complicated to install a new sound card or could I do it myself without screwing it up, or should I pay someone to do it?

Not it isn't that hard, won't take long, maybe 15mins max!

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy

You open the case, stick the card in, close the case, turn on the computer and install the drivers. It's just about the easiest thing to install.