Contest: Unofficial CF Rig of the Month *June 2012* Part 1-Sumbit

So, as there was no computer contest here at Computer Forum, I decided to make one. This is June 2012's contest, and I will explain the rules below.

Rules

This a contest for submitting YOUR computer. We must have some sort of proof that it is yours, but this rule can be avoided if you have 500 posts or more, as normally no dishonest person will have more than 500 posts here. A piece of paper that has your user name in front of the computer when you take the picture will do. You need to submit a mininum of 2 pictures, and we will accept however many picures you want in the submittion, only 3 will be used in the voting period.You need to take pictures of the outside and inside of your computer's case. You also need to say the parts of the computer, if the parts are not lised in your signiture. The votes should be used based on how you like the computer in the category, not overall, you can count the monitor(s) and keyboard and mouse if you wish, but is not needed. This contest is open to everybody, be it 1 post or 30000 posts. No voting for yourself! The winner of the last months contest cannot sumbit for the next month, but can agian after that, for example: Wins May, can't sumbit June, can submit July. The parts of the contest will be explained below:

Days of month 1-10- OVERTIME-12| Part 1-Submitions: This is were you will submit your computer, no voting will take place.

Days of month 11-20| Part 2-Main Voting: All submissions (unless there are many submissions, than sacrifices will be made) are put into a poll thread, and people will vote for their favorite computers in the poll.

Days of month 21-26| Part 3-Final Voting: The top 3 computers from part 2 will be voted on, and the computer with the most votes will go on to part 4.

Days of month 27-| Part 4-Winner: The winner of part 3 will have a whole thread devoted to his computer, showing off pictures of it, and asking the owner about it.

Ready, set, submit!

Last edited:

MyCattMaxx

Days of month 27-| Part 4-Winner: The winner of part 3 will have a whole thread devoted to his computer, showing off pictures of it, and asking the owner about it.

What stops someone from having a thread about his/her computer right now?
I already have one about my rebuilt HP.

What stops someone from having a thread about his/her computer right now?
I already have one about my rebuilt HP.
Nothing. But there is the picture contest, and that is a big contest here at computerforum, what stops them from making a thread for thier pictures? Nothing. Part 4 will just be bragging about how the person's computer was good enough to win the contest, and how it was good enough to get lots of votes. Making your own thread for your computer, you dont get votes. Now, why dont you submit your rig!? :)

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
I have some nice shots of my machine, but I don't have a sheet of paper with my name in front of it. Can I still submit some of those pics? I posted the photos up here last weekend in the Post a pic of your PC thread...

I have some nice shots of my machine, but I don't have a sheet of paper with my name in front of it. Can I still submit some of those pics? I posted the photos up here last weekend in the Post a pic of your PC thread...
Sure, I have adujusted the rules to let people not have to put papers in front of thier rig if they have more than 500 posys.

Last edited:

salvage-this

Once I get my new sound card installed I'll toss mine in. I just wish I had a better camera for pictures. My camera just does not do it justice.

Once I get my new sound card installed I'll toss mine in. I just wish I had a better camera for pictures. My camera just does not do it justice.
Thats fine, I lost my good camera and I just use my phones camera.Also, just toss it in by june 10th, and i need 5 submitions to make a voting thread, or it may go to overtime if it doesnt have 5 submitions.

kobaj

VIP Member
So this seems like its turning into a photography contest.

Why not make it more well rounded?
-Either split the contest up into categories (best picture, best hardware, best background, best games, etc).
-Or make the overall contest more fair by requiring judgement to be based on a list of factors (parts chosen, cleanliness of case, use of lighting, etc).

Unless you wanted this to be a single category best picture of computer contest. Then by all means.
All in all, just my thoughts on the matter. :)

So this seems like its turning into a photography contest.

-Either split the contest up into categories (best picture, best hardware, best background, best games, etc).
-Or make the overall contest more fair by requiring judgement to be based on a list of factors (parts chosen, cleanliness of case, use of lighting, etc).

Unless you wanted this to be a single category best picture of computer contest. Then by all means.

This in not a picture contest at all, nobody should vote on another rig because one has a bad picture.People should vote based on their opinion on the computer, like, if they like the parts put in it, cleanliness of case, etc., but it wont be seperated into catagories.Just overall, how they like the rig. So many question, anwsers, and thougts but no submitions! Come guys, get a move on, why dont you submit, kobaj? You have enogh posts to bypass the paper rule, and I am sure you can take a couple of your pictures from the post a pic of your pc thread?

spirit

Staff member
OK - here is my submission!

Not sure what you mean by "you must say what parts they are" - you can see my specs/parts I used in my sig.

By the way I may re-adjust my cable management a bit in the next few days, so can I change my entry and upload some new photos once I've re-adjusted?

DSCF4945.jpg

DSCF4938.jpg

DSCF4975.jpg

DSCF4957.jpg

Edit: Submitted a couple more photos below - lemme know if you want them removed.

DSCF4947.jpg

DSCF4971.jpg

Last edited:

Perkomate

well, I'm not gonna have any chance of winning this one. $45 case doesn't do wonders for hiding dem cables

spirit

Staff member

I agree with you. It would be good to have different sections such as (as you said) best photos, best background, best hardware, cleanest case etc. 'Best' in general without specifying 'which best' is a bit vague.

EDIT: Just seen Byte's response. OK. :)

OK - here is my submission!

Not sure what you mean by "you must say what parts they are" - you can see my specs/parts I used in my sig.

By the way I may re-adjust my cable management a bit in the next few days, so can I change my entry and upload some new photos once I've re-adjusted?

DSCF4945.jpg

DSCF4938.jpg

DSCF4975.jpg

DSCF4957.jpg

Thanks for submitting! You can do anything you want to the computer as long as it is in the submition period, just edit the post and change your pictures. Parts rule changed

spirit

Staff member
Thanks for submitting! You can do anything you want to the computer as long as it is in the submition period, just edit the post and change your pictures. Parts rule changed
Not a problem and I decided not to do anything to my cable management as that power cable just will not fit behind the board. :D

Darren

Staff member
Mine's not going to win but I'm going to post pictures in a few minutes. Just finished redoing my cable management. Still not great, but definitely better.

Modular PSU = Something I want.

Darren

Staff member
Alright here we go. I know I have more than 4, if you want me to take some out let me know.

2 Monitors and CM Storm Xornet Mouse

1001173k.jpg

1001171u.jpg

1001160i.jpg

1001159a.jpg

Cheap gaming rig (about $600 of last September for just tower and OS) but I can play almost everything maxed out.

Specs copied from sig.

CPU: Phenom II X4 955 BE at 3.2 GHZ
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB at 960 Mhz core/1300 Mhz Memory
RAM: 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 G.Skill RipjawsX
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 1TB
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G45 AM3+
Case: Rosewill Challenger with 5 fans
PSU: Corsair Builder's Series 600w
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Sound: Logitech 5.1 Speakers and Sony MDR-XB500 headphones
Monitor: HP 2009m 20 in. 1600x900
Mouse: Cooler Master Storm Xornet

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Do you want me to lend you a hand with the cable management, maybe give you some ideas/inspiration? PM me if so, I'll be happy to help you out! :)

Alright here we go. I know I have more than 4, if you want me to take some out let me know.

2 Monitors and CM Storm Xornet Mouse

1001173k.jpg

1001171u.jpg

1001170b.jpg

Please delete ^

1001160i.jpg

1001162q.jpg

Please delete ^

1001159a.jpg

Cheap gaming rig (about $600 of last September for just tower and OS) but I can play almost everything maxed out.

Specs copied from sig.

CPU: Phenom II X4 955 BE at 3.2 GHZ
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB at 960 Mhz core/1300 Mhz Memory
RAM: 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 G.Skill RipjawsX
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 1TB
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G45 AM3+
Case: Rosewill Challenger with 5 fans
PSU: Corsair Builder's Series 600w
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Sound: Logitech 5.1 Speakers and Sony MDR-XB500 headphones
Monitor: HP 2009m 20 in. 1600x900
Mouse: Cooler Master Storm Xornet

Thanks for submition, denther! That's not a bad case at all for only $45. If you could please remove the pictures I listed please, as I believe they are not need as much as the other ones, thanks! :D Save those pictures for if you win, so we can post them in the Part 4 thread!

Last edited: