Contest: Unofficial CF Rig of the Month *June 2012* Part 1-Sumbit

spirit

Staff member
byteninja2 said:
Threads are limited to 20 pics, I will PM a mod and ask if they can bump it up to 30 for me.
...or can you just link to posts with embedded photos in this thread?

spirit

Staff member
If all comes to worse, I will.

I think you should just do that if you cannot embed all the pics. I don't know if a moderator or an admi would up the limit specially for you. How about you embed one image for each participant and then put a link each image for the rest of the photos which they submitted? (link to their original post with their submission in this thread).

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I have a few comments and suggestions for this contest, which to me, looks a bit as if it were in a beta phase. Take this constructively.

We must have some sort of proof that it is yours, but this rule can be avoided if you have 500 posts or more, as normally no dishonest person will have more than 500 posts here.

That shouldn't be used as a reason "no dishonest person will have more than 500 posts here". That's merely an opinion, and could be proven wrong. But putting that aside, the paper rule should always be there disregarding your post count. Either that or not have the rule at all. It's like the For Sale section, no matter if you have 100 or 25,000 posts, you post a picture with proof that you own the piece(s) of equipment.

You need to submit a mininum of 2 pictures, and we will accept however many picures you want in the submittion, only 3 will be used in the voting period.

There should be either a limit, or a set amount of pictures (let's say 3 different angles) that should be taken, to sort of maintain control. Take the entry submission thread for example, some people posted a lot of pictures, but then got told to delete some. I'm gonna sound exaggerating but that's counter-productive. It would be easier to just have a set amount of pictures, to me, it would look sleeker and work as a template for submitting your entry.

Also, you mentioned 3 picture would be used in the voting period, but you only used 2.

you can count the monitor(s) and keyboard and mouse if you wish, but is not needed

I find this rule unnecessary. If the voting is not based on peripherals.

The votes should be used based on how you like the computer in the category, not overall

What category? You should elaborate here. Do you mean, don't base your vote on the newer computer against the older one, when both have nice pictures and nice clean interiors?

Days of month 11-20| Part 2-Main Voting: All submissions (unless there are many submissions, than sacrifices will be made)

This is another limit that should be set, the number of submissions. If you mean sacrificing as in just eliminating competitors before the voting stage, then that doesn't sound right. Read below.

Days of month 21-26| Part 3-Final Voting: The top 3 computers from part 2 will be voted on, and the computer with the most votes will go on to part 4.

The top 3 competitors go on to the final voting. So even if there are 10, 25 or 40 submissions, the top 3 go on to the next phase right? That doesn't sound right either. If you're not gonna have a limit of submissions, then the number of finalists should scale with the number of entries. (10 competitors, 3 finalists. 20 competitors, 6 finalists. 30 competitors, 9 finalists so on and so forth...) that opens up chance for more people to win, and keeps things more interesting. If you have a limit then it's easier because you can have the same number of finalists every time.

Days of month 27-| Part 4-Winner: The winner of part 3 will have a whole thread devoted to his computer, showing off pictures of it, and asking the owner about it.

This prize sounds kinda weird. It's like a gift that you open and it's something that you've always had. But for the sake of being the competition prize, I guess it works.

I knew somebody would say that. I won't use the username, because it's just more words and work that I don't want to do on a tablet.

User-names would only be there for reference, like John said, if people are gonna vote based on favoritism, they're gonna do it anyways, whether you tag entries with user-names or not. The fact that you don't wanna scroll down and write down user names (using a tablet, more work, whatever) is not an excuse to not do it!

I will maybe take 1 or 2 things from that advice.Really, Thats not good advice at all.And, I do not need to put the user names by the PC, So I wont!

Perkomate

I will maybe take 1 or 2 things from that advice.Really, Thats not good advice at all.And, I do not need to put the user names by the PC, So I wont!

I think that's a bit rude considering he went to all that trouble and most, if not all, was good advice.
It's just stuff to make it run better.
Chill out.