Convince dad that building is better than premade?

bomberboysk

Between the cheaper Viewsonic and the cheaper ASUS, which one

Switched the viewsonic to an lg, accidentally copied the wrong link:p But id go asus, if you even have one dead pixel you can return it for a new one from asus, while with others you need something along the lines of 8 total or 4 within a certain area.

Ac3

Switched the viewsonic to an lg, accidentally copied the wrong link:p But id go asus, if you even have one dead pixel you can return it for a new one from asus, while with others you need something along the lines of 8 total or 4 within a certain area.

K thx

How do you know so much you're a year older than I am....

Last edited:

Ac3

Because ive built computers since the age of 7 and have been around em my entire life;)

Couple questions - with the newer mobos you suggested, which would you get (same price)

Also are the BIOS for these boards updated because i don't quite know the process of updating the BIOS.

Vizy

Most people never update the bios, there really is never a need to unless you are a power user. Don't worry about it. And if by the small chance you need to, it's easy, but can be risky. That's wy a lot of modern mobo's have an easy update feature.

ScOuT

VIP Member
I told you bomberboysk knows Newegg better than almost anybody on this site:p

I think the Gigabyte would be the best choice as far as motherboard.

The Coolermaster case is fine...it is just begging for a hole to be cut and some fans to be mounted:D What a great case to mod.

bomberboysk

I told you bomberboysk knows Newegg better than almost anybody on this site:p

I think the Gigabyte would be the best choice as far as motherboard.

The Coolermaster case is fine...it is just begging for a hole to be cut and some fans to be mounted:D What a great case to mod.

Lol, yeah it is a great case to mod;)

What does AMD NPRP mean?

Where is that at?

Ac3

Honestly, i am not sure, might have something to do with a microcode update. Id assume its the update that bricks cpu unlocking(sometimes you can unlock a tricore phenom II into a quadcore if you get lucky). But that mobo is AM3 so it will support your cpu without needing an update;)

Ok I think I'm mostly good last part is to convince dad to get better mobo.