Coolermaster 690 mod

ScOuT

VIP Member
Some updates...

Cut out the hard drive bay and mounted the hard drives in the 5'' drive bays.

Mounted the Evga 780i that I bought from Midnight_Fox1 (Thanks again...works great)

Mounted Corsair Dominators with the cooling fans.

Got a new Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB hard drive.

IMG_4053.jpg

With these

17-984-001-02.jpg

Still had not cleaned it up and did some cable work.

IMG_4048.jpg

Bacon

Wow, looks nice Scout. Did that setup double as a hard drive silencer at all?

And I'm still amazed at how clean you manage to keep that. Electric tape works good ;)

ScOuT

VIP Member
Wow, looks nice Scout. Did that setup double as a hard drive silencer at all?

And I'm still amazed at how clean you manage to keep that. Electric tape works good ;)

Ya...the mounting kit is great. The black part is rubber. Locks them in nice and tight. It keeps them silent. I could not hear them any way...the Scythe Ultra Kaze fans are louder than any hard drive could ever be:D

That's even before I did any cable work:p

bomberboysk

Ya...the mounting kit is great. The black part is rubber. Locks them in nice and tight. It keeps them silent. I could not hear them any way...the Scythe Ultra Kaze fans are louder than any hard drive could ever be:D

That's even before I did any cable work:p
Hehe, those kaze fans are loud. If your just using them for case fans though, take a look at the coolermaster r4's, 90cfm at 20db. Case fans dont need high static pressure like fans on heatsinks do, 120x38's work better as fans for heatsinks vs case fans.

ScOuT

VIP Member
if you don't mind me asking, what kind of a gtx 260 is that? a core 216(in the 65nm revision?)

It is the Evga GTX 260 Core 216 Super Clock Edition (65nm)

I love this card:D Very happy with my purchase. I bought it last December and it has been great. Folds really well and plays games wonderful. Worth every penny.

I want another of the same model to SLI:eek:

just a noob

It is the Evga GTX 260 Core 216 Super Clock Edition (65nm)

I love this card:D Very happy with my purchase. I bought it last December and it has been great. Folds really well and plays games wonderful. Worth every penny.

I want another of the same model to SLI:eek:

i want one for physx lol(probably would fold on it too) :p

ScOuT

VIP Member
This mod was done on my balcony, with about 10 ice cold Beers, Not in a professional computer mod shop with hundreds of thousands of dollars in equipment. It cost me about $50 and a nice sunny afternoon with the family helping me (wife feeding me beer and my son actually did some painting and cutting)

funkysnair

VIP Member
There is quite a large price gap between these systems....

i think that was a complement given to you

in other words for the money you spent you made a dam good job,and comparing it with the link you did is silly really cos that modder would have spent a fortune

ScottALot

Yah, my post was meant as a compliment, because Scout didn't spend a massive amount of money on his rig.

ScOuT

VIP Member
Thanks for the good comments guys...it was a fun day and it was easy.

It did not spend hardly anything and it was fun. Planning a build for when I get back.

I wanna new case...maybe a Lian Li. Might keep the same motherboard, processor and RAM. It suits my needs well. Might get new case, power supply, CPU cooler, graphics card and hard drives. Not really sure yet...still have some time to think. If I keep the same case...I am going to take all the rivets out and get it sand blasted and paint it correctly this time.

bomberboysk

Thanks for the good comments guys...it was a fun day and it was easy.

It did not spend hardly anything and it was fun. Planning a build for when I get back.

I wanna new case...maybe a Lian Li. Might keep the same motherboard, processor and RAM. It suits my needs well. Might get new case, power supply, CPU cooler, graphics card and hard drives. Not really sure yet...still have some time to think. If I keep the same case...I am going to take all the rivets out and get it sand blasted and paint it correctly this time.

Surprised you dont want the 690 II:p

ScOuT

VIP Member
Surprised you dont want the 690 II:p

I have actually considered it...clear full of the new Coolermaster Excalibur fans and a new 700w Coolermaster power supply:D I have saved up a nice chunk of change in my computer fund being in Afghanistan.

bomberboysk

I have actually considered it...clear full of the new Coolermaster Excalibur fans and a new 700w Coolermaster power supply:D I have saved up a nice chunk of change in my computer fund being in Afghanistan.

Excaliburs are pretty nice, little costly though for the specs(thankfully my two were free hehe).