Coolermaster 690 Mods

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well dan,

I read on the reviews at Overclockers and most people said thay they actualy look more pinky than red lol.....dunno what to get.

I might go green or blue,not sure :cool:

Anyway heres the progress so far,ive been busy with other things today so didnt realy get much time to do all that much.

Ive cut the one hole in the middle of the mobo tray,on the right side.
Dunno if you can see it or not?

+ sprayed it all over black (as you can see lol)

I decided not to go ahead with the removing of the stock case fan grills,they were actualy big enough and i dont think its stops alot of air from the fans so il leave them be.

PIC_0020-2.jpg

:rolleyes: Thats only a first coat...i think two may do it then il apply the Clear Gloss finish to protect the black spraypaint.

PIC_0021-1.jpg

:D

susik89

Looks sick. You just made me want to paint my case. I might just do that when i get some free time. Keep us updated :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tks man,

Yeah when i first got this case i wasnt realy intrested in modding it but after i saw the pics some people have posted it looks so much better.

You should do it man,i see from your siggy you already have a side window on yours so thats one less thing you have to do.

Im going to cut my panel tommorow for the plexi glass.

bomberboysk

Well dan,

I read on the reviews at Overclockers and most people said thay they actualy look more pinky than red lol.....dunno what to get.

I might go green or blue,not sure :cool:

Anyway heres the progress so far,ive been busy with other things today so didnt realy get much time to do all that much.

Ive cut the one hole in the middle of the mobo tray,on the right side.
Dunno if you can see it or not?

+ sprayed it all over black (as you can see lol)

I decided not to go ahead with the removing of the stock case fan grills,they were actualy big enough and i dont think its stops alot of air from the fans so il leave them be.

PIC_0020-2.jpg

:rolleyes: Thats only a first coat...i think two may do it then il apply the Clear Gloss finish to protect the black spraypaint.

PIC_0021-1.jpg

:D
It looks there like a gloss black..you may want to do a flat black, as glossy black is going to show every fingerprint, dust, and reflect light, which means much more maintanence to keep it looking good.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay its 90% finished....system internals is all back together,ive got to cut my door tommorow and put my glass in,Then it should be done!

Moved the 120mm fan from the bottom to the middle as an intake as it did nothing where it was...coolermaster let it fail a bit there.

Now it will blow over my GFX card :)

PIC_0031-1.jpg

PIC_0032.jpg

Removing the plastic crap that prevents airflow.

PIC_0030-1.jpg

And at this stage now

PIC_0037-1.jpg

I tell you now guys,This was not easy cable managment at all.....again my psu cables are very short but with about 10 diffent wire layouts everything managed to go where it had too.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tks Ram,

Just overclocked again due to my OC getting reset when i remove the board.
Testing for stability with Prime95 atm.

Im about to mark my side panel ready for cutting,i was going to do this today but other things pop up and i had to do them soo...:D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
FINALY! Its finished!!!!!

Sorry for the bad picture quality...im not sure what it is with my camera,Sometimes it takes pics fine and sometimes the flash goes all wierd and make my picture blurd!

PIC_0046.jpg

I will get better pictures up.

All ive got to do now is buy some new Cold Cathodes....and a nice fan controller.

funkysnair

VIP Member
FINALY! Its finished!!!!!

Sorry for the bad picture quality...im not sure what it is with my camera,Sometimes it takes pics fine and sometimes the flash goes all wierd and make my picture blurd!

PIC_0046.jpg

I will get better pictures up.

All ive got to do now is buy some new Cold Cathodes....and a nice fan controller.

looking goodl... did you spray it blurry black lol

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay i think this is the best quality im going to get from my camera...either way its better than my last pic lol

PIC_0049.jpg

Think i better clean da smudges of my side panel lol

Last edited: