coolermaster v8 and v10 price lowered!!!!!

ScottALot

No, I meant when I said the V10 had some cool features, it turns out it has more flaws than features...

Wow, say "It has more flaws than features" ... it's really fun to say!!

jasonn20

I an not being haste in any way just like I said I believe this to be the BEST.
I really would like to know if I am wrong as I like reproof.

bomberboysk

I have no experience with prolimatech megahalems heatsink it was not included in my research. I would say that it has alot of good after looking at it but it is not a direct touch heatsink so I would like to see a comparison. More cooling pipes does not mean it is better. I went through this before with my previous cooler that had six heatpipes and not direct touch so I have to stick with my current opinion. I challenge you to prove me wrong. I believe my combo would be the best! I may be wrong but this is my conclusion after research.

Coolermaster V8 is not better.
As someone who has built systems for nearly 10 years, and owning an HDT-S1283 as well as using the S1284 in builds, as well as a megahalems and V8, the prolimatech megahalems has lower temperatures on an i7 than the S1283 does on my core 2 quad, and i7's run hotter than core 2 quads. The S1283 and S1284 are great budget heatsinks, they are not the top of the line(And frostytech only uses 125W, once you get to higher wattages, the V8, TRUE, and Megahalems really start to shine over the HDT coolers.

q1-09_cpu_cooler_results_vertical_d12sh-12.png

Those are temperatures above ambient using a Yate Loon fan At stock.

q1-09_cpu_cooler_results_vertical_d12sh-12_OC.png
Above are the results for an overclocked i7 920.

Images are from benchmarkreviews. Notice once overclocked, the megahalems beats the S1283 by nearly 10c. And the S1284 that is coming up 5th there isnt even a production model, it is the all copper finned prototype.

Last edited:

jasonn20

maybe you should look at it again as it states 150w

alright alright let me observe the new data

how old are you again??

Alright your stating the V8 is better than the dark knight but even your test do not show this???

Can you give a link to this data??

Last edited:

bomberboysk

maybe you should look at it again as it states 150w

alright alright let me observe the new data

how old are you again??
16, i built my first system when i was around 7 with some help(Where my mom worked she used to have a boyfriend that built computers), and on my own a system at 8. Thats why i said almost 10 years;) The V8 is a better cooler than the xiggy's after you get to high wattage, or if you put a very high cfm fan on it such as a slipstream, but the megahalems and true are the best air coolers as proved;) Plus 150W is still pretty low, the i7's at stock are pumping out 130W, and can get over 200W once overclocked.

Last edited:

jasonn20

I can not believe this heatsink would perform better than the Xima considering your heatsink is not direct touch. I want to know your link to this data.

bomberboysk

I can not believe this heatsink would perform better than the Xima considering your heatsink is not direct touch. I want to know your link to this data.
Heatpipe direct touch only works so well, its not a miracle technology. The Prolimatech has more heatpipes, which means it can transfer more thermal load away from the CPU. The Prolimatech also has higher fin density, larger fins, and more fins, which means it can dissipate more heat than the xigmatek. A Well designed heatsink with a copper heatblock and heatpipes will perform more effeciently than a HDT model as it has more surface area with which to disappate the heat to. Just like the same reason inside an LN2 or LHE pot the bottom is not flat.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=316&Itemid=62

At stock idle, i would agree the S1283 probably can outperform the prolimatech, but its load and overclocked settings the xigmatek just cannot handle the higher heat load.

jasonn20

The problem is static pressure. You can have a fan that will push 50cfm of air but give's how much static pressure??? If you took the fan off the Megahalems and placed on the Xima how would the comparison be then???

I am sorry I am not sold on this.

Direct heatpipes is a miracle design!!

bomberboysk

The problem is static pressure. You can have a fan that will push 50cfm of air but give's how much static pressure??? If you took the fan off the Megahalems and placed on the Xima how would the comparison be then???

I am sorry I am not sold on this.

Direct heatpipes is a miracle design!!
Your sounding like a saleman for xigmatek now. 50cfm is quite low for a 120mm fan FYI, for fans of the same size, static pressure is directly proportional to cfm. The TRUE and Megahalems were designed to be able to be run passive(That means without a fan) or active, while the S1283 is a heatsink that was designed for active cooling. Figures dont lie, the Prolimatech and TRUE both cool better than the xigmateks(by far, not talking a 1-2 c difference, this is more along the lines of a 10c difference, and that difference will get bigger the more heat and higher overclocks you push your cpu to)

jasonn20

I see your heatsink has wided fins to let better static pressure at lower cfm but still think with the fan I linked it would perform as good or better.

This is like a comparison between horsepower and torque. torque gets you off the line and horsepower gets you on down the road

I own a Ximatek DK and even though it says 90cfm it does not have alot of static pressure.

I am just stating the FACTS!! I am not in any way associated with Zimatek.

Last edited:

bomberboysk

I see your heatsink has wided fins to let better static pressure at lower cfm but still think with the fan I linked it would perform as good or better.

This is like a comparison between horsepower and torque. torque gets you off the line and horsepower gets you on down the road

I own a Ximatek DK and even though it says 90cfm it does not have alot of static pressure.

I am just stating the FACTS!! I am not in any way associated with Zimatek.
No doubt any of the heatsinks would perform better with a higher quality fan, but all other variables taken out the prolimatech megahalems or the TRUE are better coolers. I actually use a xigmatek S1283 on my computer in my sig, its not a bad cooler, but ive used a prolimatech megahalems in a build for someone, and its quite a better heatsink than the xig.

jasonn20

Alright i want to agree but all other reviews state that there is not as big of margin as you have proclaimed. As matter fact there talking bout dual fans.

I am not talking about the DK-S1283 I am speaking of the four heatpipe version HDT-S1284EE.

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Alright i want to agree but all other reviews state that there is not as big of margin as you have proclaimed.
Those graphs were taken directly off of benchmarkreviews website. Plus in my own experience, its temperatures on a core i7 where lower than the temperatures i got on my Q9450 with an S1283, and as i said earlier, the Core i7 runs hotter than the core 2 quads.

ScottALot

( I showed my dad the DPT stuff on some of the heatsinks, and he thinks they should have some kind of heat-attracting liquid in there to get heat off of the CPU even faster. GOod idea?

ganzey

banned
( I showed my dad the DPT stuff on some of the heatsinks, and he thinks they should have some kind of heat-attracting liquid in there to get heat off of the CPU even faster. GOod idea?

that would be thermal grease, like arctic silver 5. i had no idea that this would spark such an argument. thats why i created a poll, vote for ur fav heatink.