coolermaster v8 and v10 price lowered!!!!!

Bodaggit23

Yah I saw that. So they should put AC5 inside the heat pipes.

The pipes are hollow to allow the heat to escape more efficiently.

Too much thermal paste will actually Insulate the CPU from the heat
sink, instead of Transferring the heat to the heat sink.

Cut the tips off of the heat pipes on a Rifle style heat sink and fill them
with thermal paste.

Post back with your results. :cool:

bomberboysk

( I showed my dad the DPT stuff on some of the heatsinks, and he thinks they should have some kind of heat-attracting liquid in there to get heat off of the CPU even faster. GOod idea?
Heatpipes use a vapor action to cool the cpu, inside it is a wick with a liquid on it. Thats prolly the easiest way to explain it.

ScottALot

OMG MY HEATSINK MADE COOKIES!!!
Thanks for the tip!

But seriously, I think it could work if there were layers of diluted and concentrated AC5.

bomberboysk

OMG MY HEATSINK MADE COOKIES!!!
Thanks for the tip!

But seriously, I think it could work if there were layers of diluted and concentrated AC5.
No, because vapor action is more effecient than just convection action, why do you think they started using heatpipes to begin with?

jasonn20

Proliatech Mega appears to be a very nice heatsink. It is not meant for low wattage cpu as the xima outperforms it there. When it comes to overclocking is when Mega really begins to shine. Unfortunatly, I have not seen that this is for AM2/AM3 boards.

If you have a intel quad and plan on overclocking it 1000mhz or so than the Mega is the way to go.

Xima is for 150w or less as it performs better. A duel core, triple core overclocked or quad at stock.

Which one is the best depends on your application.

Last edited:

bomberboysk

^^Yeah, thats the only pitfall of the prolimatech is no AM2+, if your running an amd quad or tri core, the TRUE is the way to go.

ScottALot

Hey quick question. I got the Xigmatek Dark KNight for my AMD build. It has a fastener for an AM2+... does that need a backplate? Because it didn't come with one, and the instructions don't say you get one. (I'm wondering, because the XDK is pretty heavy, don't wanna break my mobo.