Core i3 vs C2D T6600

regielya

Thank you very much, you are very helpful and informative !! :)

It's funny that the T4400 is better than most of the C2D's 0_o

Ive asked the seller at Fry's Electronics in Dallas : "Could a T4400 do the trick for me if I need a laptop for photoshop, matlab and some full hd?" and he answered: "That would be borderline.. You should probably get a C2D". that's why I find it wierd..

regielya

How is the Nvidia 8200M solution ?? I've heard its even worse than the 4500MHD :O

What's the minimal GPU I need in order to run 1080p movies FLAWLESSLY ?? (with one of the four CPU's we have mentioned before)

the MSI's Radeon HD 4330 might be too powerful for my needs (so I can save some more money choosing another card)...

CrayonMuncher

either the 4500mhd or 8200m will decode hd flawlessly with no problem, it is always better to use an nivdia/ati chip in the laptop because although intel has come a long way they still lag behind performance wise to nividia and ati

regielya

Won't the "HD quality" look the same on both 4500MHD and Nvidia/Ati cards?? I thought its 1 or 0, either it works or not. (unlike games where you can put some filters and increase resolution and stuff..)

So, will I sense image quality differences in HD playing between the 4500MHD and a Radeon 4330 ???

CrayonMuncher

hd quality will not be compromised as long the source file is good quality and the computer can handle playing it smoothly the quality will not be degraded.
hd video will be fine but if you want play any modern games with any quality you will run into trouble with the 4500mhd

regielya

Only game I'm gonna be playing is .. Twister with my girlfriend. :)

I guess 4500MHD will be just fine for me...

Thank you very much man =]

Drenlin

these scores are correct and backed up by the other websiste

AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300 1210 309
Intel Core2 Duo T6600 @ 2.20GHz 1570 223
AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-65 1082 349
Pentium Dual-Core T4400 @ 2.20GHz 1431 250
These scores used passmark right?

Might be worth noting that the i3 scored 2059

CrayonMuncher

These scores used passmark right?

Might be worth noting that the i3 scored 2059

they are using passmark but the i3 is ranked at 145 at least 100 places higher than cpu's ive mentioned

to the op your welcome for the help but just to let you know i am leaving the country tonight and wont be able to answer any further questions until at least friday.
but it sounds like you've made a choice so i hope you enjoy your new laptop!!!:)

Brained

Help me Out too!!

Hey all

I'm stuck with a similiar dilemma here. Have to run MATLab and other stuff that's atleast as heavy. I'm getting:

Dell 14:
2.1 GHz C2D (t something series)
512 MB ATI Mobiltiy Radeon 4330
2 GB DDR2

Dell15:
2.13 GHz Ci3 330M
2 GB DDR3
But without a GPU

I'm also mildly into gaming and stuff and I know a 4330 picks up Call of Duty 6 up pretty slick...

But then Intel has this "dedicated GPU" thing running?

Which One should I go for?