Counter Strike: Global Offensive Server

Aastii

VIP Member
I have just got myself a 12 slot CS:GO server pre-ordered for the clan to be there on day one when it is out. The game itself I have nice and pre-ordered, who else is ready for it? :D

ESF 20 Slot Public Server

ESF 10 Slot Match Server (Private)

Please note that right now, I am still playing with configs getting settings correct, so from one visit to the next it may be slightly different. It will, however, always be "classic" gametypes (ie S&D / Hostage Rescue)

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
There is no list mate it is like every other server, just join and play!!

I wanted to know who was getting it and who is playing from here, so far know you and mike are. I upgraded the server btw, for not much more got me 20 slot with 10 free. Got my teamspeak upgraded for free too... It isn't what you know its who you know :D

linkin

VIP Member
Ok, thats great, can't wait for cs:go, it looks awsome

No, it doesn't. The fog is excessive, there's no colour in the game, and there's all these useless postprocessing effects that can't be disabled. That and the game is incomplete and releases in one week...

mrgcat

No, it doesn't. The fog is excessive, there's no colour in the game, and there's all these useless postprocessing effects that can't be disabled. That and the game is incomplete and releases in one week...

I believe it is, and considering most of the time i will be playing it on a gtx 530, I won't mind the graphics ( I overclocked my card, so it gives me huge fps increases (about 10)),I loved CS:Source and better graphics would be great, i want something different than your average fps, such as COD and bf3. And it seems enjoyable, and theres probably a mod that can turn off fog and enhance graphics, so oh well, for all counter strike games for £10, you can't moan really. And if you played the beta, then i am sure they will give us more options, they have in previous games.

Last edited:

SuperDuperMe

There is no list mate it is like every other server, just join and play!!

I wanted to know who was getting it and who is playing from here, so far know you and mike are. I upgraded the server btw, for not much more got me 20 slot with 10 free. Got my teamspeak upgraded for free too... It isn't what you know its who you know :D

I assume you mean mike as in me :D

Aastii

VIP Member

It does look great, the post processing should be toned down (that is your 3 graphics complaints sorted, they are all because of the post processing making everything white and blurry), but this is beta, I should expect either a graphics option or a CVAR come release or a couple patches in.

How is the game incomplete too? Playing it, it is fairly bug free and is a hell of a lot of fun. Valve aren't like Activision or EA where they will release a game at its bare minimum then charge silly amounts to have extras later on, we will get these magical things called updates to add additional content which, from Valve's track record, will be free.

And besides the game is fun, more than what is offered by most prettier games today, so even with the current faults, it is a fantastic game and still only beta. It will be better come release when I can ban the damn AWP, he OP POS that it is

I assume you mean mike as in me :D

Yup, I do :cool:

Aastii

VIP Member
If you have the beta installed I should have the server up with the beta files hopefully tonight, maybe tomorrow, fingers crossed

Hyper-Threaded

Dangit 3 hours till the betas done downloading, I guess you get it when you pre-order. Was is my game library at random. Sweet.

NyxCharon

I've had the beta for a while, and i have no complaints. Looking forward to playing with my friends when it comes out.

linkin

VIP Member
It does look great, the post processing should be toned down (that is your 3 graphics complaints sorted, they are all because of the post processing making everything white and blurry), but this is beta, I should expect either a graphics option or a CVAR come release or a couple patches in.

How is the game incomplete too? Playing it, it is fairly bug free and is a hell of a lot of fun. Valve aren't like Activision or EA where they will release a game at its bare minimum then charge silly amounts to have extras later on, we will get these magical things called updates to add additional content which, from Valve's track record, will be free.

And besides the game is fun, more than what is offered by most prettier games today, so even with the current faults, it is a fantastic game and still only beta. It will be better come release when I can ban the damn AWP, he OP POS that it is

Yup, I do :cool:

No offence but anyone who thinks that things will change 6 days from release or just repeats the "It's only a beta!!" line is a stupid derp.

I've been in the beta since early this year. Not a whole lot has changed, nothing gameplay wise or anywhere else leads me to believe this is a proper counter-strike title. It's a console port of CS:S, which is what the game started as, and that's how I'm treating it.

The the bold bits, fog, post processing, and colour correction all have separate cvars and aren't all controlled by one single option. The game is incomplete because it lacks some classic maps, the weapon sounds, player textures, colour blending and such are all atrocious. It's like looking at diarrhoea soup. Furthermore, Valve are not actually developing this game. Hidden Path Entertainment are, Valve are just supplying the tools/engine and platform for the game. The game is also only $15. It's cheap for two reasons:

There will be additional paid content later on, or:

The quality of the game is reflected by the price of it.

Again, "it's only a beta" - it's 6 days from release and the game is 95% the same as it was back in the beginning of the year.

What you see in the "beta" is what you will get on release. The open beta is just public early play for the game.

I have made very many extensive and in depths threads on the steam forums, with hundreds and even thousands of replies, and there has not been a single response from the developers, in the form of patch notes or a post on the forums. To me, this is totally unacceptable.

This is why I won't be buying CS:GO.

Hyper-Threaded

Betas kinda disappointing. Shoulda stuck with cs-s. I guess there less hackers tho. At least for now.

And linkin, I noticed at the beginning, it said Hidden Path Entertainment, I was like wtf, who are they?

And de_dust is not the same, it looks like they dumped garbage everywhere so everybody hides behind junk. Only map ive really played.

SuperDuperMe

No offence but anyone who thinks that things will change 6 days from release or just repeats the "It's only a beta!!" line is a stupid derp.

I've been in the beta since early this year. Not a whole lot has changed, nothing gameplay wise or anywhere else leads me to believe this is a proper counter-strike title. It's a console port of CS:S, which is what the game started as, and that's how I'm treating it.

The the bold bits, fog, post processing, and colour correction all have separate cvars and aren't all controlled by one single option. The game is incomplete because it lacks some classic maps, the weapon sounds, player textures, colour blending and such are all atrocious. It's like looking at diarrhoea soup. Furthermore, Valve are not actually developing this game. Hidden Path Entertainment are, Valve are just supplying the tools/engine and platform for the game. The game is also only $15. It's cheap for two reasons:

Again, "it's only a beta" - it's 6 days from release and the game is 95% the same as it was back in the beginning of the year.

What you see in the "beta" is what you will get on release. The open beta is just public early play for the game.

I have made very many extensive and in depths threads on the steam forums, with hundreds and even thousands of replies, and there has not been a single response from the developers, in the form of patch notes or a post on the forums. To me, this is totally unacceptable.

I think it looks fantastic.

Also your comment on price in terms of quality......was torchlight 2 a shit game and diablo 3 an amazing game?

How about limbo? Is that a crap game?

Also your points about it looking like diarhea soup...isn't that subjective?

Also let me know if im wrong but to my knowledge valve have never put out a game that has had paid for content later down the line. I know its developed by someone else but i cant see valve letting someone charge for dlc with a game that is often associated with valve.

I personally think "YOU" dont like it, not because its bad, but because "YOU" think it is.

Aastii

VIP Member

Good thing I'm not a stupid derp then, because I didn't say it would all happen in 6 days and I am not naive enough to think it will. What kind of stupid derp can't read

I should expect either a graphics option or a CVAR come release or a couple patches in

;)

The settings can be changed, we know that because other games using the source engine don't have the same amount of "let's make everything white!!", so it is simply a case of putting in either a console command or slider in the options, they aren't having to fully reprogram the entire game for it...

Same goes for fog and every other graphical option.

Any game with a Valve name on it has Valve input, even when they bought the rights to CS and DoD and even now with DotA 2, they have input, so ideas and work is going into it from Valve as well. It is their rep too, they aren't like EA and don't care.

The main reason it is cheap, it is CS. Not much has changed bar graphics, so why would people a) charge £35 or b) pay £35. This isn't Activision and CoD now.

Now bar the graphics, what is wrong with it? So far, apart from me sucking because I haven't played CS to any extent for a good couple of years, the game is incredible fun. you can take your BF, CoD, MOH, Arma, Crysis, UT and every other "pretty" FPS and stick it because this game is fun and that is all that matters in a something you play.

Maybe the devs aren't posting on the forums because they are developing their game and maybe once released, their PR guy will be on the case. Even if not, what does it matter if they don't post? Apart from on Twitter, you never see a Mojang rep reply to people regularly on the Minecraft forums, yet they listen, develop and help the community. Stop getting so hurt because the devs aren't on a forum and instead of complaining on the forums, how about you play the game or wait for an update to "fix" it?

I will say again - this is beta. Even when it comes out, it is early release. Few to no games nowadays have smooth starts, so who gives a rats ass if there are problems? Simply by being a gamer, that is what you expect now but I should imagine it will be fixed or the option will be given or, seeing as how there are mod tools, someone will develop a way to solve it. Either way, who cares, you don't like it, don't play the game, you want it changed, the developers aren't going to post on here either, so why complain about it here either?

=EDIT=

Oh, and the server is up now, will edit the first post with details once I have updated the server settings ;)

Last edited: