Counter Strike: Global Offensive Server

Hyper-Threaded

After playing the beta more, and ignoring linkin options, its a really fun game. The menu works fine, graphics are great, and no color or fog problems. Only thing for me is shotguns should have alittle more damage.

linkin

VIP Member
You know THEY are developing the game, not you. If they see your suggestion and disagree, they won't implement it. You seem to think just because you say it, it will or should go in which no, it shouldn't. There are a lot of things I think shouldn't be in certain games and certain things that I think should be included in others. Just because I think they do, doesn't mean they will or they should.

You can preach on the forums as much as you want, the game you want and what the game is are tow different things. If you don't enjoy what it is, don't buy the game.

Holy crap man, what the hell? I was just trying to share my thoughts on the game and you turn this into something personal.

Punk

Staff member
No seriously, you sounded like you were THE ONE that should be heard by the dev team. Like you were a pro or something...

linkin

VIP Member
No seriously, you sounded like you were THE ONE that should be heard by the dev team. Like you were a pro or something...

Whatever the case, people were agreeing with me. If you want to be heard you have to make a good argument.

Punk

Staff member
Your arguments were fine, but you acted like you HAD to be heard. Game's fine, get over it.

Aastii

VIP Member
Holy crap man, what the hell? I was just trying to share my thoughts on the game and you turn this into something personal.

I...gave my feedback, bug reports, suggestions, all on the assumption that things would change for the better

So you airing your opinions and then just assuming everything you say would be implemented isn't a fair thing to take from your post? It isn't personal, it is exactly your words.

You are right, if you want to be heard you do make a point, but if you were to post and say "I think you should scrap the FPS idea and make it an awesome racing game" and then everyone "oh wow, what a great idea!!", the devs wouldn't agree you all because they are making an FPS game, not a racing game. If you wanted the racing game, get a racing game and ignore this one.

Just because you say "I think this would improve the game" and people agree doesn't mean it will be implemented immediately or at all.

Here is food for thought:

Maybe they have the fog so you CAN'T see people from long distances and it is intentional. Maybe the devs want it to be very close combat orientated and short of making view distance retardedly low (which you would complain about...), they put the fog in? If that is the case, they aren't going to get rid of it because they want it to be difficult to see people at any sort of distance, that is what they want from the game.

The game isn't Counter Strike: How Linkin Wants It. If you don't like it, that is a shame, but you aren't going to like everything all the time, you don't like the game, don't buy it and don't play it, or do buy it and wait for updates and/or mods

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
So you airing your opinions and then just assuming everything you say would be implemented isn't a fair thing to take from your post? It isn't personal, it is exactly your words.

You are right, if you want to be heard you do make a point, but if you were to post and say "I think you should scrap the FPS idea and make it an awesome racing game" and then everyone "oh wow, what a great idea!!", the devs wouldn't agree you all because they are making an FPS game, not a racing game. If you wanted the racing game, get a racing game and ignore this one.

Just because you say "I think this would improve the game" and people agree doesn't mean it will be implemented immediately or at all.

Here is food for thought:

Maybe they have the fog so you CAN'T see people from long distances and it is intentional. Maybe the devs want it to be very close combat orientated and short of making view distance retardedly low (which you would complain about...), they put the fog in? If that is the case, they aren't going to get rid of it because they want it to be difficult to see people at any sort of distance, that is what they want from the game.

The game isn't Counter Strike: How Linkin Wants It. If you don't like it, that is a shame, but you aren't going to like everything all the time, you don't like the game, don't buy it and don't play it, or do buy it and wait for updates and/or mods

After all the maps are called Dust and DustII. See what I mean (fog=dust)...

Darren

Staff member
I'm tempted to buy this. I have Source and enjoy it but it just doesn't feel quite right. Very unpolished overall. The gameplay itself is fun though. Is getting CSGO worth it in terms of overall appeal? Also how are the new game modes? Graphics looks nice too. :D

SuperDuperMe

Source feels unpolished :O?!?!

i felt like it was one of the most polished games out. Weapons were balanced, game play was, map layout was exquisite and (although old) graphics werent half bad.

As for GO i will let you know later, iv had it preordered since about a week before release but only got round to downloading it today :D

Darren

Staff member
I bought it later that night after I asked that question. I'm loving it so far. Yeah Source felt unpolished. Not necessarily with the gameplay, but the presentation in the menus and stuff just was off too me. I know I'm nitpicking. GO is awesome though.

SuperDuperMe

Yeh i agree with you in that aspect. It seemed like a shitty ui, That said im loving go's ui. Really refined. And looks nice. Dust2 looks awesome.

Darren

Staff member
Graphics are really nice. The lighting and everything is really good but I think there would be some benefit from better textures. I've been playing with bots so I don't rage when I lose against humans. I'm trying to sharpen my skills. I'm great at most FPS (namely TF2), but I am not good at CS of any kind. I am getting better though.

SuperDuperMe

Lol same, i suck at cs but the uber competitive nature of it keeps me playing, was the same with sc2. I werent great but the pressure of it being so competitive kept me going back :p