CPU overheat problem.

XtreMex

Hello.
So i am here about my PC overheat problem. I need suggestions what should i do?
Here is my PC stats and heats http://imgur.com/4n6ET5k (Heats on this picture have taken when Prime tested my combuter heat)

I am really worryed about my PC because when i play then CPU heat raises up to 80+

Darren

Staff member
Yeah that's way too high. Have you cleaned out your computer of dust, particularly the CPU cooler. Use a can of compressed air or an air compressor for that. If they're still high after that you'll probably want to look in to getting a new cooler or at the very least reapplying your thermal paste. There's also a possibilty that your CPU fan isn't spinning. Open up the side of the computer and turn it on. Make sure the CPU fan is spinning correctly.

XtreMex

My PC is clean and fan is spinning correctly, now i think i have to buy better cooler, so second question what heatsing and fan should i buy?

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
What case do you have? Your thermal paste might be dried up. I would suggest reapplying that before spending money on a cooler if you don't need it

XtreMex

Really i don't know that :D But its almoust brand new pc i bought it like 3 weeks ago. I have been wondering maby overclocking might ruined my CPU i overclocked my CPU 3.0 GHz up to 3.6 GHz. And when i noticed that my CPU temp. was too high i took Overclock off to 3.0 GHz

Darren

Staff member
Temps are still high after that overclock? Did you bump the voltage back down (if you changed it in the first place)? The PC is brand new or did you get it used?

XtreMex

Yup still high and I changed it back to first place, still high. It was brand new only 1-3 times turned on maby.

Darren

Staff member
Your CPU or motherboard might be faulty then. You could try a new cooler but not sure what good that would do since it is brand new and CPU's should run fine on stock coolers.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
A few days ago my PSU explode. So i bought same PSU again, maby PSU explosion did somthing?

If you psu exploded or blew up then its very possible that you have done some motherboard damage, possibly ruined the cpu temp sensor. However, I would definately think there is some mobo damage. You may want to rma for a new one.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What power supply did you have? Actually, seeing that you have a 775 motherboard and cpu, those are outdated unfortunately. You would need to build a new system.

Do you have any type of warranty with the system you bought?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Probabaly just ddr3 memory and different processor. And depending on what type of license you have for windows 7, you may have to get a new copy. Do you have the full retail version or OEM?

XtreMex

Yes, full version, but when i want to buy new motherboard, can u suggest me what motherboard and what CPU and ddr3 memorys? (As cheap as possible) :)

Jiniix

If you want the cheapest possible, go for this:
Total: $164

This setup will be around the same, maybe a little stronger, than your previous E8400 setup on the CPU side, a lot stronger on the RAM side.

If you have a little more money to spend, you could look at something like this:
Total: $215

Add CoolerMaster Hyper TX3: $10-15 to either of the setups for extra quiet and effecient cooling.

Last edited:

XtreMex

But, can u put here some more CPU what mach whit that motherboard, but is a little expencive and more powerful? :) Ty.