Crappiest PC ever

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Right, you knew this would come along sooner or later so just get typing and reply god dammit. This is the official unofficial thread for posting up your most crappy desktop or laptop PC you've got now or ever had, details as well as pics.

If anyone posts up a pic of themselves with a Comodore 64 then they have my personal approval.

So get typing now and make some people laugh.....!!

I suppose i'll start. The first PC i ever got was a hand me down from my dad, it was an old AMD K6 system running at a staggering 133Mhz. It had 96Mb RAM and a whopping great big 4Gb Hard drive. It was connected to a 14" CRT (even less thatn 14" was actually viewable though). I really dont wanna go into more detail because its making me weep. I enjoyed the day when i gt to flick the little red switch on the PSU and watch it fry itself to death. HE HE HE

Lanther

My first computer was a Compaq with a 486/66 processor, 8 megs RAM, 1 Meg onboard video, 500 meg hard drive, 8x cd rom, and 14 inch monitor. Best part about it was when i tried to upgrade the RAM i found out I had to buy a crappy add on card just to put more RAM in it.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I think I had a 286, I don't remember but it ran unix and I couldn't read at the time (I was between 2 and 3 years old) but I could find the games :D

TheChef

I got my first computer when I was 2 or 3, well my family did. I don't really know what it had, I think it was a 186, something like that. The "desktop" was a blue screen and you moved the coursor using the arrow keys. When you typed a document and wanted to print it out, you had to type a code for the printer to understand including size and color of the font. I don't think it ran games:). The screen was probably 12" or less, and it only showed blue and yellow. That was the crappiest PC I've ever seen. I suppose it was OK in ts time...

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
dragon2309 said:
The first PC i ever got was a hand me down from my dad, it was an old AMD K6 system running at a staggering 133Mhz.
Wow, exactly as I had as my sixth computer... :)
The first one was an Enterprise 128 (a sort of Commodore or ZX-Spectrum), then a 286, followed by 386, 486, K5 (but not so long: it fried on me :eek: ), K6 (133 MHz), K6 (166 MHz) and so on....

Geoff

VIP Member
The very first computer i had was the better then all of yours! I was very young then, so i dont remember the specs, all i know what the only thing we could do on it was do addition and subtraction math on it. LOL

My other comp, which was the first usable comp, had a 4GB hard drive, 200Mhz, 4MB video card, win 98, dont remember everything else tho.

And the laptop that i had (and still have) is as follows, 900KB video, 133Mhz, 64MB ram, windows 95, 800MB hard drive.

penguinrusty

The very first comp that I had was a 286...Had some sort of AMD proc, less than 32 megs of ram, i thnk a 300 meg hdd, and tons of "upgrades". It had 1 mb of on-board video.

j0hn00

If anyone posts up a pic of themselves with a Comodore 64 then they have my personal approval.
I'm old enough to actually have had one of those when I was a kid. I believe my parents bought it for me from Toys R' Us when it first came out... that and a Cabbage Patch Kid. Still got the Cabbage Patch Kid somewhere in storage but gave the Commodore 64 away when my parents gave me an upgrade to the 128.

Lax

VIP Member
386 10Mhz machine, 25Mhz when in turbo. 530Mb HDD space 1Mb graphics, less than 16Mb ram (lot less) windows 3.11 with a dos-shell. 5 1/4" drive, floppy, and a 13" monitor with a serial mouse and DB-5 keyboard. Played keen and duke fine so I didn't care, it's still in the basement so I could start 'er back up again (I think I will).

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
my first mac...1992, well it was my parents.

apple 50mhz processor (not exactly sure..probably less)
4mg ram
8mg hd
built in 10'' b/w crt monitor
floppy drive

Can ANYONE beat that hunk of junk?

kof2000

what about journey man? anybody played that one? the 2mb card cant even play mpegs smooth. i was trying to run titanic and the thing skips like hell. i'm getting like -1fps

flame1117

banned
dragon2309 said:
OMG, keen. Amazing, i had almost forgotten about that amazing game, it's called Commander Keen isnt it??

I still have that game, Keen 1-4 And it still runs on my PC!+

I dont know anyt of the specs on my first PC expect it had Windows 3.1 on it.I think thats the PC that had keen on it, and i sved it from then. It might have been the PC after that though, i have no idea, to long ago.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Hey flame1117, any chance you could email the KEEN directory or program file to me. I would love to see that up and running again. My address is in my Public Profile.

flame1117

banned
Yeah, I'll look for it, I havn;t played it for a while, I think its on my 1.2Gb harddrive right now.

which one? I have Keen 1, 2, 4 and paybe threem I dont remember three though.

I'll put it up on my server with a .zip or .rar because my e-mail dosn't aloow lasrge files. and im too lazy to setup my pop3 with my server

EDIT:Yeah i relized im a moron, were talking about a old old game. It's not going to be that big haha. I'm shearching for it right now too.

EDIT2:I found Keen4 so far. the shearch is still on.

EDIT3: I found Keen 1, So i have Keen 1, and 4 so far, Still looking for the rest. I found them allot quicker then i thought. Let me know which ones you want, or if you want all of them.

EDIT4:I see you only have 512MB's on ram on your system...You migh t need more, I found the intructiomns(on my PC) and it says "
You will need about 530k free RAM to run the game, plus have an EGA or
VGA graphics card.
"
haha. Major ram eater.

EDIT5: http://www.streetgamerzclan.net/KEEN.zip theres a link to it, I thought this way any one who wanted it could have it, it shouldn't be to much on my bandwith considering its 250kb

I just ziped the whole folder so it prabally has all my old saved games and everything.

I have allot of old games like Jill Of The Jungle.(And Duke, like the other game Lord Anthax was talking about.)

Tell me if your interested in 4, or 3,2 but i still need to find those.

Last edited: