Crappiest PC ever

Pride

My very first computer was a Commodore 64. We had a million games we copied on 5.25" floppys.

I also had a Packard Bell: 1.2 Ghz, 2.1 GB HD, 15" Monitor w/ speakers attached, CD-Rom....I can't remember the rest. Quite a slow machine, and it filled up quick with downloads from Napster; when Napster first came out.

flame1117

banned
jesbax said:
my first computer was an old apple IIE with dual 5 1/2 floppy and 128k of ram. now look what im running.

Oh, Just kidding about my last post lol, My brother had an appleIIE that thing was the coolest haha. My elemety school has that for their PC's kind of sad actully, with the Orgain trail game lol, and then i think it was my 4th grade teacher or something saying she remebered playing that game when she was young, and we still have those PC's....

kof2000

the first game i played on that computer was this fishing game where you're a fish and you fight other fish choosing to scare them or run away.

Gigabyte426

We used to have an amazing Hewlitt Packard 386 which ran at a blistering 19.6 MHz. It ran all the best games at the time like Mordor. I believe we started with Windows 3.1 until we upgraded to the revolutionary Windows 95, and we all know that program was flawless.

Modoman

mwuhaha we had an ibm original at, 8mhz baby! i think the hard drive was in kb... not even mb. i dun remember what we even had it or used it for... probably cost an exorbitant amount tho!

colinstu

My first was a HP Pavilion 6638. It had a 533MHz Intel Celeron, 64MB of memory, 14.2GB Hard drive, 4-16MB onboard intel video, windows 98SE, CD-ROM drive, and a floppy drive. I Paid $699.99 for it at BestBuy (year 2000). (i'm 12 now)

After I got a couple good computers, I took the HP out of it's case (it was ugly, upgraded mem to 128mb, installed win 2000, took noisy CPU fan off, installed a linksys 10/100 ethernet card. I still have it.

Right now I have 4 PCs, and 2 Macs.

Dell Dimension 2400 (main computer)
Intel Celeron 2.4GHz
256MB mem
40GB HD
64MB Intel Video (onboard)
CD-ROM drive
Windows XP SP2

IBM Netvista 3790-13U (basement computer)
Intel Pentium 4 1.6GHz
384MB mem
~20GB HD
64MB nVidia AGP card
CD-ROM drive
floppy drive
Windows XP Home SP2
(I think I short circuited the system once, it crashes some times)

Monorail 3790 (linux computer)
Intel Pentium II 400MHz
128MB mem
~6GB HD
64MB Stealth AGP card
CD-ROM drive
floppy drive
Xandros 3 OCE, SuSE 9.1 personal, more linux distros to come
(This is my linux computer)

HP Pavilion 6638
Intel Celeron 533MHz
128MB mem
14.2GB HD
4-16MB intel onboard video
CD-ROM drive
Floppy drive
Windows 2000pro SP4
(this is my first computer, it's ok)

Macs:
Mac LC
030 16MHz
2MB
40mb SCSI HD
onboard video (max is 640x480 256 colors?)
floppy drive
System 6.x
(I got this mac from my school)

Mac PowerBook 520c
040 25MHz
36MB mem
162MB SCSI HD
floppy drive
system 7.5.3
(my first laptop and mac)(I want to get a mac desktop w/ a little better specs too.)

Last edited:

XHotxEx791

Oldest i got, was a really junk pentium pro i think 100Mhz or 133Mhz, forget how slow, but it ran windows 95, had very little ram, and was manufactured by packard-bell.
Roger

Greg J.

VIP Member
The worst computers I have ever used in my life were computers from my father's work, mainly old Pentium II laptops with very little RAM.

To read my aunt's problematic computer legacy, hit the text file at the bottom.

The only computer that I have ever used personally in my own home is the Gateway listed in my signature. Before the RAM upgrade, it had 128MB....sad and slow. The Seal Sound Card is a more recent upgrade---better sound :D

Heh, yes, I'm young, but not too old. :p And yes, compared to power users of this forum, my computer is a bit outdated.

EDIT: In the old days, aunt's machine ran Windows 95, which used to reside on Slave D (used to be master), until I deleted it and then formatted it to NTFS.

Attachments

• Crazy.txt
    986 bytes · Views: 52
Last edited:

jjsevdt

Ok, I'm working on my mother-in-law's computer. It has a 122 Hz computer with 16 MB of memory. I'm having the hardest time installing windows. Win 3.1 any one?

benv99

i had an amiga, i think by commodore. it sucked! no hdd. floppys.no idea what amount of ram was in it...if any. i would imagine its now used as landfill somewhere :p

might want to check this site....
http://www.oldcomputers.net/
it has the last 25 yrs of computers, their specs and new selling price...its quite a laugh.

the first computer i had was a zenith with a 77 mhz processor with 24 mb of ram and a ten inch screen and a 800 mb hardrive it was the most crappiest computer ever internet explorer was to big to fit on the screen and it was to darn slow so i sold it on ebay for $50