Crysis 2

joh06937

to tell you the truth, i hated crysis 1. i never really got into it. but that setting in the city looks awesome. i hoped they changed the things i didn't like because that looks like a cool game. any word on requirements?

JLuchinski

No, I can't remember where I read it but apparently it's optimized to run really well on even the most modest systems, but time will tell. I guess if the 360 can run it that well then maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel. The facial animations are incredible.

Last edited:

1337dingo

i dident like the first one... yes the graphics were awesome.. but thats not why i buy a game i buy it for gameplay.. and the game play sucked

Ryeong

No, I can't remember where I read it but apparently it's optimized to run really well on even the most modest systems, but time will tell. I guess if the 360 can run it that well then maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel. The facials animations are incredible.

This will not be a console port, keep that in mind.. The requirements for this game will be VERY high..

GTX 480 in sli for 60+
i7
8Gb ram++ (much as possible)

etc etc...

The console version of this game won't requre much.. PS3 runs on a 5-6 year old GPU lmao..

linkin

VIP Member
But if the game can run on current consoles, wheras the first could not (same concoles) then it must be less intensive. Crytek admitted that CryEngine 2 was horribly unoptimised and poorly coded, like GTA IV, but only because of the DX10 addition at the last minute...

Last edited:

Gooberman

I don't know where you got those requirements the GTX480 hasn't even come out so how can they just pop that onto a game requirement lol
From what i've heard it's going to have a lower System Requirement than the original which is good ;)

Ryeong

I don't know where you got those requirements the GTX480 hasn't even come out so how can they just pop that onto a game requirement lol
From what i've heard it's going to have a lower System Requirement than the original which is good ;)

Optium recuirements from Metro 2033 is:

* Core i7 CPU

* NVIDIA DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and 470)

* As much RAM as possible (8GB+)

* Fast HDD or SSD

Nuff' said... If Crysis 2 is aiming for a better look than this game, it will need specs like those. The game is highly optimized for Nvidia harware.. I know and feel then when playing. looks 1000x better than crysis 1 and anything i've ever seen before and i can't even run in DX11 with tesselation becouse i dont have a DX11 card yet ^^

joh06937

Optium recuirements from Metro 2033 is:

* Core i7 CPU

* NVIDIA DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and 470)

* As much RAM as possible (8GB+)

* Fast HDD or SSD

Nuff' said... If Crysis 2 is aiming for a better look than this game, it will need specs like those. The game is highly optimized for Nvidia harware.. I know and feel then when playing. looks 1000x better than crysis 1 and anything i've ever seen before and i can't even run in DX11 with tesselation becouse i dont have a DX11 card yet ^^

uh, no that game is poorly coded. i have played it and quite frankly the graphics aren't all that great. on 1440x900 everything gets stretched out which actually makes me laugh.

Gooberman

yeah crysis was poorly coded that's why you needed monster machines to run it max
crysis 2 system requirements is less than the original which is good even though i still need to get the first crysis which i can run on lowest of the low and get a nice 20-40 fps(from the demo) :D

Twist86

Crysis was a 1 time play through for me but I did like the storyline so can't wait for that :p
Also I agree Metro 2033 really does suck...poor coding and graphics don't meet the requirements of the game. If specs made the game then it would be the best game ever and luckily it don't.

Ryeong

Crysis was a 1 time play through for me but I did like the storyline so can't wait for that :p
Also I agree Metro 2033 really does suck...poor coding and graphics don't meet the requirements of the game. If specs made the game then it would be the best game ever and luckily it don't.

---> XFX GTX 260 868mb 192 Core standalone<--- what do you expect lmao! to run smooth? lMAO!

I run this game maxed 50-55 fps average (Very High, 4msAA, advanced physix and 1080p) that's 5 fps less than i have average in crysis maxed without any mods. And the game looks 10x better on this settings compared to anything seen, which makes it greatly optimized. if you dont see that then you have done soething wrong, playing on console or cant play on high lmao.. the ****? you blind?

---

Also, those who play on 1440x900 don't consider yourself gamers anymore and please leave this thread

Last edited:

Matthew1990

---> XFX GTX 260 868mb 192 Core standalone<--- what do you expect lmao! to run smooth? lMAO!

I run this game maxed 50-55 fps average (Very High, 4msAA, advanced physix and 1080p) that's 5 fps less than i have average in crysis maxed without any mods. And the game looks 10x better on this settings compared to anything seen, which makes it greatly optimized. if you dont see that then you have done soething wrong, playing on console or cant play on high lmao.. the ****? you blind?

---

Also, those who play on 1440x900 don't consider yourself gamers anymore and please leave this thread

From what I can see you are a douchebag, no offence. Slagging off everyone, everywhere, get out more or play your god damned Metro whatever year it is....jezzz

Ryeong

From what I can see you are a douchebag, no offence. Slagging off everyone, everywhere, get out more or play your god damned Metro whatever year it is....jezzz

A douchebag is a person who does nothing about a situation... A douchebag is a person who is consistently indirectly trying to agitate another person..

I resond to people who is consistently trying to agitate me.. I say one thing, they say something else.. i recheck if i was correct, and i was.. they keep rejecting me.. thats agitating.

If you can't comprehend that, then maybe you're the douchebag siting on the side doing nothing about the situation..

a douchebag, such a weak word..

(this is going off-topic, back to crysis 2 people..)

StrangleHold

Staff member
Douchebag

An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intellegence, behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears.

or
Vaginal cleaning apparatuses

Both of these seem to fit.

Ryeong

Douchebag

An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intellegence, behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears.

or
Vaginal cleaning apparatuses

Both of these seem to fit.

"An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth" that's egoism..

"compounded by a low level of intellegence" that's stupidity

"behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears" That sounds like my teacher..

Ah, oh ok..

Have a nice day :) ^^ ... (...)

Last edited:

Dystopia

to tell you the truth, i hated crysis 1. i never really got into it. but that setting in the city looks awesome. i hoped they changed the things i didn't like because that looks like a cool game. any word on requirements?

I didn't care much for Crysis either. Big dissapointment. PC gamer scored it like 98% or something. But they were all hyped up on the graphics, they forgot to score the gameplay. I think that again, a $500 system will be able to run crysis 2.

One reason I will want crysis 2 is because the first one had a decent story line, and I want to know how they continue it.

Ryeong

I didn't care much for Crysis either. Big dissapointment. PC gamer scored it like 98% or something. But they were all hyped up on the graphics, they forgot to score the gameplay. I think that again, a $500 system will be able to run crysis 2.

One reason I will want crysis 2 is because the first one had a decent story line, and I want to know how they continue it.

I didn't even notice crysis had a storyline (.. lol? ) you're here, then you shoot a bit, then you're there and shoot some more (sarcasm ftw?..).. Yea, i get your point.. it's a 3/6 game becouse the story is weak.

a 500 dollar comp wont run the pc-version of cryengine 3.. Maybe on low, 600x800 or something lol.. Cryengine 3 will most likely be demanding the top hardware to max it out. Yet, very playable and enjoyable at lower res with lower settings, or hopefully for those who can't afford better systems.

I personally wont be statisfied before i can max that game, even if i need to spend another 2000 dollars on my comp to do so..