Crysis 2

joh06937

Settle down fellas. No one will be banned, there will be no petition and I'd like everyone to stop flaming. Thanks. :)

Also, easy on the language. We have a language filter for a reason. Back on topic...

oooooo kkkkkkk... :kick rock with hands in pocket:

ScottALot

Hell, Crysis on the Xbox? Sounds good to me.

Not flaming, but I must say, Rye, you're a little aggressive for someone who has just recently joined the forum.

linkin

VIP Member
Also, cannot wait for crysis 2 IF IT IS OPTIMISED AND RUNS ON CURRENT HARDWARE.

Last edited by a moderator:

JLuchinski

It would get filtered.

Also, cannot wait for crysis 2 IF IT IS OPTIMISED AND RUNS ON CURRENT HARDWARE.

I'm curious to see that to. There's so much speculation on it nobody really knows for sure. I guess we can hope for a beta version?

Ryeong

Hell, Crysis on the Xbox? Sounds good to me.

Not flaming, but I must say, Rye, you're a little aggressive for someone who has just recently joined the forum.

i sincerely apologize if anyone feel insulted. i did never intend to insult anyone..

I know this might be old.. but here are some pics..

960489_20100304_790screen001.jpg

960489_20100304_790screen002.jpg

Source: Gamespot..

In-game, or not?

linkin

VIP Member
****ing awesome screenshots!

I'm gunna buy the game when it's released, if it doesn't use ubisoft-type DRM.

And they do look like ingame screenshots, and renders. It's hard to tell.

f.i.t.h

I would say they are renders, look at the muzzle flashes, I could swear they are worse than any game in history.

@Ryeong
Is it really your opinion that Graphics > Gameplay?

Archangel

VIP Member
I liked the first Crysis game (and Warhead for that matter)
simply just to try stuff out it was good fun.
true, the enemies could see you much too easy, and the coding could've been better. imo, it was a fun game to play nevertheless. and the plot was good too. (also loved the 0-gravity bit. the whole feel of that bit when you're floating around alone in that alien ship the first time, excellent.)

Cant wait for this one to be released, and I'm definately going to buy it.
(and as usual, I don't really care what other people think of a game. as long as its fun to play, its a good game imo. :) )

I really hope they put co-op campaign in it. its one of the most fun aspects I like about console shooters.
will definately buy it for the xbox if it does. :D

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
I liked the first Crysis game (and Warhead for that matter)
simply just to try stuff out it was good fun.
true, the enemies could see you much too easy, and the coding could've been better. imo, it was a fun game to play nevertheless. and the plot was good too. (also loved the 0-gravity bit. the whole feel of that bit when you're floating around alone in that alien ship the first time, excellent.)

Cant wait for this one to be released, and I'm definately going to buy it.
(and as usual, I don't really care what other people think of a game. as long as its fun to play, its a good game imo. :) )

I really hope they put co-op campaign in it. its one of the most fun aspects I like about console shooters.
will definately buy it for the xbox if it does. :D

I think that would be the only thing that would redeem it from the the first Crysis to be honest, because a co-op of any kind is always so much fun. Not splitscreen though, can't stand that, I prefer co-op online, like how they had it on GOW on PC :D.

just a noob

---> XFX GTX 260 868mb 192 Core standalone<--- what do you expect lmao! to run smooth? lMAO!

I run this game maxed 50-55 fps average (Very High, 4msAA, advanced physix and 1080p) that's 5 fps less than i have average in crysis maxed without any mods. And the game looks 10x better on this settings compared to anything seen, which makes it greatly optimized. if you dont see that then you have done soething wrong, playing on console or cant play on high lmao.. the ****? you blind?

---

Also, those who play on 1440x900 don't consider yourself gamers anymore and please leave this thread

Crysis got laggy for me with gtx 285 sli, so it's definitely not his gpu...

Archangel

VIP Member
I think that would be the only thing that would redeem it from the the first Crysis to be honest, because a co-op of any kind is always so much fun. Not splitscreen though, can't stand that, I prefer co-op online, like how they had it on GOW on PC :D.

Splitscreen on a console is great. but the option splitscreen or system link would be best. splitscreen to have a bit of a laugh without having to prepare anything. and system link if you want to put a bit more effort in it. (put 2 tv's next to eachother etc.)

Aastii

VIP Member
Splitscreen on a console is great. but the option splitscreen or system link would be best. splitscreen to have a bit of a laugh without having to prepare anything. and system link if you want to put a bit more effort in it. (put 2 tv's next to eachother etc.)

I think split screen is deffinately fun, especially if you are against each other and can look at where they are, gets to be a right good laugh because nobody can hide, but if playing properly I hate it because I can't work on a small area like that, even if it is a huuuuuuge screen it always seems too small

Ryeong

I would say they are renders, look at the muzzle flashes, I could swear they are worse than any game in history.

@Ryeong
Is it really your opinion that Graphics > Gameplay?

Back in 07' and earlier no.. Today, they fill eachother.. They go togheter hand in hand. Bad graphics ruing the"good" feeling a nice sun can give. a bad story makes the game boring.. so well, they fill eachother..

Crysis got laggy for me with gtx 285 sli, so it's definitely not his gpu...

I can run crysis very high 1080p 59-63 fps average, so you must get like 70+ ?? Dowloaded the newest patches etc?

Aastii

VIP Member
:rolleyes:
Back in 07' and earlier no.. Today, they fill eachother.. They go togheter hand in hand. Bad graphics ruing the"good" feeling a nice sun can give. a bad story makes the game boring.. so well, they fill eachother..

so you would rather play a game that has amazing graphics but a crap story, characters you can't relate to at all, terrible physics, sounds, AI, voice acting and items, and prefer it over one with the best characters ever devised, the most amazing plot, physics that perfectly resemble real life, sounds exactly like they would appear in real life and complete immersion, but doesn't look as good?

As for Halo reach, after Halo 2 I can't say I like the Halo franchise, just the same stuff but reskinned. Hell they even tried to go off the track making an rts and look how well (or not I should say) that went

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryeong

:rolleyes:
so you would rather play a game that has amazing graphics but a crap story, characters you can't relate to at all, terrible physics, sounds, AI, voice acting and items, and prefer it over one with the best characters ever devised, the most amazing plot, physics that perfectly resemble real life, sounds exactly like they would appear in real life and complete immersion, but doesn't look as good?

As for Halo reach, after Halo 2 I can't say I like the Halo franchise, just the same stuff but reskinned. Hell they even tried to go off the track making an rts and look how well (or not I should say) that went

Re-read what i wrote. you didn't read it..

"they fill eachother"

"They go togheter hand in hand"

"Bad graphics ruin the"good" feeling a nice sun, mountains etc can give. a bad story makes the game boring.. so well, they fill eachother"

I kinda rushed my reply, ofc sound effects and a lot of other factors matters as well..

Bad story, good graphics = bad game..

Good story, bad graphics = bad game..

Graphics adds to the feeling.. i love when i can gasp to the views of certain games. But they become dull and lame if the story is crap :(..

Drenlin

^ Went pretty well if you ask me...Ensemble did a good job. Halo wars is a good game and still has a strong online community. Statistically it's among the most popular RTS's out right now. (as in daily playtime, not units sold)

Dystopia

Bad story, good graphics = bad game..

Good story, bad graphics = bad game..

Graphics adds to the feeling.. i love when i can gasp to the views of certain games. But they become dull and lame if the story is crap :(..

I really disagree there.