ddr or ddr2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I get ddr or ddr2 ram for my build i have a $900 budget, the pc is mainly for gaming?

I heard ddr2 will future proof it a little

Last edited by a moderator:

krimson_king

on a 900 dollar budget? ...no. save your money for other things too. youre going to want to spend money on other things, and if you find youve spent it all on ram, youre going to have an extreme case of buyers remorse.

Wierd

does intel full support it? because i might get intel then

isnt lke ddr2 the future of ram

Last edited by a moderator:

Filip

yes, intel supports DDR2 a long time ago, but dont think that ddr2 is better, it maybe has higher clock speed but the latencies are higher too

Ku-sama

banned
dude, you'd sacrifice your processor for faster RAM?

id take a 3200+ with DDR400 over a 3.2P4 DDR2 800MHz

Ku-sama

banned
your a gamer, the diffrence of the processor from Intel compared to an AMDm the memory would be faster, but the processor would suck for gaming with Intel

Filip

Iamdisturbed7645 said:
how would i sacrifice my processor?

becouse AMD has better CPU's at the moment, ddr2 is IMO crap, if u choose between better RAM and better CPU, choose better CPU

Ku-sama

banned
yeah, but think of it, if your a gamer, get AMD, screw DDR2, buy an intel now, your not going to be able to upgrade your processor to an AMD without replacing just about everything in your system

Filip

everything will dissapear sometime, its just a matter of time, DDR is going to be in use for a while

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.