Dell Inspiron 9300

SonnieP

alanuofm said:
what computer is that with? my 600m gets the same thing. yeah that score isn't bad. 01 is more cpu demanding.

Dell i9300... Pentium M 1.6Ghz CPU | 512MB DDR 2 PC4200 533Mhz RAM | 52.1GB HDD | 64MB ATI Mobility X300 | XP Pro (All startup programs disabled in msconfig)

Mothered

SonnieP,
I would definately go for the purchade of 1X1024MB Ram as opposed to 2X512MB sticks. By doing so, It gives you leverage should you decide to go for 1.5 Gig or better still, 2X1024 In future. (The 9300 accomodates a maximum of 2 Gig). As for your Graphics, I assume your 64MB ATI X300 Is a dedicated card and upgrading to a dedicated 128MB card will provide quite a noticable difference In performance enhancement. I have benchmarked my 9300 using 3D mark 2003 and I got an overall rating of: "8117".You can download this program for free In a "fururemark" site.

Cheers...

Mothered.

SonnieP

I have the 03 version at the office... I just have to copy it and bring it home. It's too large a file to download here at home due to my FAP on Direcway. I could download it in sections but that's aggravating... I got it already... it's just a matter of copying it and bringing it home. I'll probably even download the 05 version as well.

I could upgrade the ATI to 128MB... I'll have to get with Dell and see what it will cost. Yes... it's proprietary, so I'll have to upgrade through them. It also voids the remainder of my warranty, which I don't want to do right now. I'll probably just upgrade the RAM for now and wait on the ATI for now. By the time my warranty is up the ATI should be more reasonbly priced as well.

I think I'd rather have the dual channel 2 X 512MB than 1.25GB. (I think???) I read in another thread that 2GB's would probably actually slow my machine down some... can't remember why. Plus I don't think I'll really ever need 2GB's since I don't do any gaming or heavy multitasking. What are your thoughts on this?

X24

yes, 2x 512mb in dual channel will beat 1.25 gb normal.

and i don't think u'd really need 2gb for a good while, unless u want to open up like 70 N64 emulators at the same time, and play every one of them, while working in photoshop.

SonnieP

lol... nope, don't think I'll be doing any of that. I ordered 2 X 512MB Kingston from Newegg tonight. Maybe I can sell the 2 X 256MB that I have.