Hi There!
I'm looking to buy my first desktop (I've always been a laptop guy) and I'm not sure whether I should get a Dell or an Alienware. I'll be using the computer for heavy video editing as well as the regular stuff (Word, Excel, etc.) but I'm also a gamer. The price isn't an issue but I get the feeling I'll be paying a big premium for the Alienware name. Is the Alienware Area 51 - ALX really any better than a fully-loaded Dell Studio XPS 9000 in terms of gaming?
I'm looking to buy my first desktop (I've always been a laptop guy) and I'm not sure whether I should get a Dell or an Alienware. I'll be using the computer for heavy video editing as well as the regular stuff (Word, Excel, etc.) but I'm also a gamer. The price isn't an issue but I get the feeling I'll be paying a big premium for the Alienware name. Is the Alienware Area 51 - ALX really any better than a fully-loaded Dell Studio XPS 9000 in terms of gaming?